•  

Newbie Drive in Mahafiz

Srikumar

After last week's adrenaline drive through Area 53, this week would be a relaxed newbie drive in our much-loved sandbox - Maliha - Fossil rock - Faya. Looking forward to an easy relaxing drive for everyone with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, hill climb, and ridge riding. Newbies and Fewbies will have great chance to see and learn the real fun that off-roading offers in a very safe and organized environment. Level May be changed upon convoy level.

When: 27 April 2018
Meeting time: 02:00 pm, convoy will move at sharp 02:15 pm
Where: Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/mzb26kxzte72

Level of drive: Newbie - Fewbie - All are welcome
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 11 am
What to bring along: Loads of snacks, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7 pm

• Like (+1) 3

Hello Everyone!

Excited to go for my first off road.

Needs little help for getting equipment's I might require on this trip... 

Please any suggestions so I can arrange them before the trip.

I own Range Rover 2004 Vogue, did many off roads but to rocky terrain so is it fine with this car for desert and also do I require any modifications to it?

Last question is it OK if I bring one or two friends of mine?

Input from experts will be appreciated

Regards

Welcome Bilal to the Off Road Club.

@Gaurav might be the right person who can answer this question as he had a RR before as well especially in terms of the lower bumper lip, etc. 

In terms of equipment, your vehicle should have a recovery point both at the front and back. A 2 way radio, flag and shovel would be very useful.

You are most welcome to bring your friends along. Would they be joining as passengers in your car or in their own vehicles. If in their own vehicles please provide us with some details of their vehicles so that we can guide accordingly. 

Welcome, Bilal to Carnity and to the off-road club. I had the P38 model before and the only thing you need to check is the approach and departure angle of your car. If you still have working EAS then you are good to lift two inches with a flick of a button and safe for this drive. If you shifted to springs, then do share the picture of your car front and back for me to advise you further if it's safe or not for your RR.

I have tried my P38 with EAS and with springs both and it performed wonderfully as RR all-terrain response is awesome, but just you got to be careful while "going down the steep dune slowly". That's it.

And off-course all other things that skumar83 mentioned - recovery points, radio, flag, and shovel are a must. And you can add more gear later as you are convinced that you will be continuing this often - Compressor, Jack, board, Tow rope etc.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thank you @skumar83 and @Gaurav.

Really appreciated the detailed answers and it feels good to be a part of such a nice family. 

It do has two recovery points and Thanks God a working EAS as well... fingers crossed. 

Will get the shovel, radio and flag today and then will buy other stuff later on as Mr. Gaurav mentioned. 

I hope i will be a good learner on trip. 

My friends will join me as passenger for now but later they might bring their cars. 

Once again million thanks for such a detailed reply to ease my mind. 

Looking forward to meet you guys asap.

9 minutes ago, BilalAhmad said:

Thank you @skumar83 and @Gaurav.

Really appreciated the detailed answers and it feels good to be a part of such a nice family. 

It do has two recovery points and Thanks God a working EAS as well... fingers crossed. 

Will get the shovel, radio and flag today and then will buy other stuff later on as Mr. Gaurav mentioned. 

I hope i will be a good learner on trip. 

My friends will join me as passenger for now but later they might bring their cars. 

Once again million thanks for such a detailed reply to ease my mind. 

Looking forward to meet you guys asap.

Hi what kind of rims you have. Some Range Rovers have very big rims and very thin sport street tires. I think that also important for off road.

• Haha (+1) 1

I agree with Sertac, that you should not have low profile kind of tires. Regular or the medium profile generally acceptable. I forgot to mention this earlier, I think I presume that you have been going to wadi and mountains so you must be having good regular profile tires.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use