•  

Open Club  ·  66 members

New Tech

Sabre Engine

Barry

This is the simplest video I could find on it,

basically, it's a hybrid engine. Jet at the front, rocket at the back. I don't know why anyone didn't think of it before. Imagine if a modern Concorde or Tu-144 equivalent was running these engines, I could fly home and see my family in an hour instead of a cramped 9 hour flight with screaming children, people reclining their seat onto my long legs, people who have been traveling for 3 days with no shower etc. The short time would make it so much more bearable. Just like taking a bus to Al Quoz.

There are many possible uses for this. The primary one I can think of is space tourism. As in space tourism, I don't mean proper going into space, seeing the dark side of the moon, more like a Virgin Galactic scenario. Get up above the atmosphere, see the curve of the earth and come down again. The photos would be awesome, great fuel to retroll the flat earthers.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Barry said:

This is the simplest video I could find on it,

basically, it's a hybrid engine. Jet at the front, rocket at the back. I don't know why anyone didn't think of it before. Imagine if a modern Concorde or Tu-144 equivalent was running these engines, I could fly home and see my family in an hour instead of a cramped 9 hour flight with screaming children, people reclining their seat onto my long legs, people who have been traveling for 3 days with no shower etc. The short time would make it so much more bearable. Just like taking a bus to Al Quoz.

There are many possible uses for this. The primary one I can think of is space tourism. As in space tourism, I don't mean proper going into space, seeing the dark side of the moon, more like a Virgin Galactic scenario. Get up above the atmosphere, see the curve of the earth and come down again. The photos would be awesome, great fuel to retroll the flat earthers.

Don't mock the flat earthers. Some of their proofs that the earth is flat are brilliantly stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, treks said:

Don't mock the flat earthers. Some of their proofs that the earth is flat are brilliantly stupid.

At first I thought the whole flat earth thing was a troll. Then more people got involved and I started to wonder if the trolls were trolling the trolls. Now maybe the whole thing is one big troll and they’re all laughing at us?

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry just not possible you will just crash into the firmanent ! lol....I must admit I've had a lot of fun with flat earthers and whenever bored in mood for some comedic entertainment I open some flat earth facebook page or youtube video and read their comments! And yeah it really does become really hard to differentiate who is trolling and who is serious, but is super fun none the less! lol

As for the OP sounds interesting on paper, but usually jets burn up a lot of fuel and rockets even more, because that burns at an alarming rate,  You see all those rockets like the FalconX and Ariane 90% of all that mass and size is just rocket fuel. Just so a tiny payload can be sent into orbit. So I dunno how big a vehicle will be needed to haul passengers up in space and back and still be reusable. Maybe they can squeeze in to the size of a AN 225. But don't think it will be able to carry a lot of passengers.

But its a good step in the direction of making space travel more accessible to the ordinary man, personally I don't have much hope from Virgin Galactic They have been at it for so long without any real results and don't think Branson has that kind of money left to throw into such things. Musk and or Bezos will get their way before that. IMO Virgin Galatic is pretty much out of the race 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use