•  

Not for the faint of heart 4 May 2018

Rahimdad

They say a picture speaks a thousand words and we have videos to describe the complete feel of the drive. I am still going to attempt a few words to add to the feel.

We all May on time and 5 cars departed as per schedule to head to Khatim as all were well versed with driving in challenging situations. After deflation and a short brief we were off challenging ourselves in climbing the Fossil Rocks from a different angle which includes a large part of it side slopping with sharp drops. We reached to the top in great time and we were off to Camel Rocks and later to Faya. Upon reaching the back side of Faya my Pathy started making some screeching sound and came to a halt. After many attempts and a short time where I got the car to plain grounds the trouble started again.

I would like to thank @shadow79 who over the phone identified the problem and gave the solution. We had to remove the belt where the bearing was jammed. With nobody confident to perform the trick, @NOOR OMAR came to the rescue and after an hour or a little over he had 2 belts out. While Noor was removing the belt @Gaurav had some amazing Dohkla with chutney and @EmVarlet had the most refreshing fresh coconuts to sip on.

With the car cool enough we headed out to the roadside and decided to continue with the trip. At this point I jumped in with @sertac who lead us to the Mountain. After a quick little inflation and a quick brief we were on our way to the top. They did not find it as challenging to climb as I had described but everybody was cautious and we safely reached the top in about 14 minutes. The view and weather on top was amazing as the BBQ saw @sertac and @NOOR OMAR do the amazing Sausages and Turkey Sujook. We enjoyed chatting and laughing over anything and everything till we decided it was time to head back.

The descent was a bit more challenging but soon we were out next to my car. With Noor and Sertac eating back, Gaurav and Emmanuel helped me get my car back on road and on the back of a recovery truck to head to the garage. Emmanuel then headed back as Gaurav bhai stuck around to the garage and helped me carry things from my car to drop me home at 3 am. What a day, my hats off to everyone on the trip, the spirit within the Carnity team to step up at the time of need and never leave anyone behind. Love you all. Until next time this is Rahimdad signing off.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

@Rahimdad the credit for the team spirit goes to you and Gaurav.

I still remember that in my second drive with Carnity I had a flip, and after the car was brought back on all 4 tyres there was some white smoke coming from the exhaust. You had suspected that the engine oil might have contacted the spark plugs. We were in the middle of a really nasty sand storm, and you guys still made an attempt to open and clean the spark plugs. After we brought the vehicle to the road, you guys were with me till i got the police report done. That for me, was the epitome moment in terms of being there for each other during a drive. Honestly, after the flip I thought we were going to leave the car there and get some external help.

So the credit mainly goes to the two of you for developing that culture in the group.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Thanks for the encouraging words @skumar83 but we both have learned from our good and bad experiences. No matter whatever situation or differences we share at times, we have one common thinking of not leaving anyone behind - no matter what.

On the contrary, we two cannot change the world and the community and we have always been "very fortunate" to have great team players who understand this and reciprocates in the same manner. In last 12 years of offroad I have seen many people that no matter how much you care and give, the moment they step out on the tarmac and their behavior change and they forget everything. So we all are quite blessed with each other caring company as in this extreme sport we have nothing but each other support and trust to blindly believe and take a leap of faith.

Every bad situation or break down we had, we all stayed together from 56 degrees in the heat to the middle of the night in the desert. This is what made all of us stronger and brings us closer to each other. And on the days when we have no issues, then eating together and sharing each other food, jokes and drinks make this community truly exceptional. Most of the offroad clubs here have a break and people open their snacks and eat it and barely share, and to me that makes me feel like sitting at a restaurant and eating my order.

Thank you all who make this offroad club so great and special: @Asif Hussain @Atif @baselsm83 @EmVarlet @NOOR OMAR @Richard Mellish @sertac @shadow79 @skumar83 and last but not least thanks @Rahimdad for starting this offroad club.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I am in tears right now. So emotional, but so true. We just take it one step at a time, and the rest follows. If you do good you will get good karma. That is why we have so many good people all in one place.

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use