•  
Advertise here

New Motor Sport That I Might Actually like

Well generally I'm not a big fan of sports including motorsports. I will occasionally watch some off roading action from something like the Dakar Rally, 8x8 truck trials or Scandinavian forumula offroad. But this relatively new, and something I think i can get into, started somewhere in 2013 and combines some really good ingredients from many other motorsports, It has some awesome Baja Trophy Trucks, love the suspension on those! They soak up jumps and bumps like no tomorrow, some spectacular jumps, some real skilled circuit racing driving skills and tension which are 100 time more difficult with such wobbly and high trucks, some dirt sections in some tracks and my favourite, some real spectacular jumps and nascar style crashes and even md air collisions! 

Have a peak 

And some crashes just for fun

Once again love the suspension set up on these things, anything similar we can get locally, which wouldn't cost an arm and a leg? I would at least once want to set up a 4x4 with such suspension, I'm no  great expert on suspensions but I'm thinking long travel shocks with fast compression and very slow rebound rates.

Anyways what do you all think about stadium trophy trucks, cool or meh, just another useless thing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I started following stadium trucks a while ago. Always like to see something different. 

The suspension is amazing. The amount of body roll they achieve when cornering and how they cock a wheel up and still don’t roll. 

• Like (+1) 1

Wow, that's some serious show with big fat trucks racing and cornering to the perfection (almost).

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Those are not real trucks, just some light weight material fixed onto a roll cage, they are more like buggys.

@Mighty Mike like your choice of sport but I spent half my life on tarmac and would like to see these in much more challenging terrain. About getting your vehicle here fitted with those ridiculous suspensions you will need a lot more then just suspensions and once you're done with them RTA will fail your car saying it's not stable for normal road conditions. You'll have to deal-register it and put it on the back of your second car and take it to a rave track or off road where you can drive it over the weekends.

3 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Those are not real trucks, just some light weight material fixed onto a roll cage, they are more like buggys.

@Mighty Mike like your choice of sport but I spent half my life on tarmac and would like to see these in much more challenging terrain. About getting your vehicle here fitted with those ridiculous suspensions you will need a lot more then just suspensions and once you're done with them RTA will fail your car saying it's not stable for normal road conditions. You'll have to deal-register it and put it on the back of your second car and take it to a rave track or off road where you can drive it over the weekends.

These are known as Trophy trucks created originally for the Baja 1000 ( pronounced Baha ) race in Baha Callifonia which is purely a 100 percent off road race

And Robby Gordon is a big name in this and he uses same trophy truck abiet slightly modified, mostly a station wagon shell to carry a spare tyre and recovery eq rather than a pick up shell for the Dakar Rally which I'm sure you are aware of is considered the worlds toughest off road rally

And I use to own a early Range Rover Classic which didn't come with a factory sway bar for good wheel articulation and rolled around the corners similar to these trucks and even had a warning on the sunshade not to take corners at speed because of risk of roll over! LOL But I had no issues with it on road or off. Infact the extended wheel; articulation of the classic was an asset in the sand

Edited by Mighty Mike
  • Thanks (+1) 1