•  
Advertise here

Best kept secrets on how to effectively use the reach and power of dubizzle uae without wasting much time and falling into scam or ponzi deals - MUST READ

I have spent som good number of years in UAE and seen dubizzle in uae growing and surpasing the reach of classifieds business with amazing growth. Of course due to their early start they had very good lead in the classifieds especially in used car business, but after that dubizzle continuosly improve the system and made it more beneficil to end users. Even when they start charging recenly, I thought they will fail now but their strong reach really saved them.

P.S. This is not promotion or bashing of dubizzle uae in any way and im sharing my experience to help other car enthusiasts here on how to sell and buy cars with dubizzle.

• Do your car research well and get it's right estimated price set in your mind
    • Too high above 30-40% of estimated price is a private deal and keep following that ad and that seller will start reducing soon on daily basis.
    • Too low below 30-40% of estimated price is a scammer
      • Scammer always have no mobile number
      • They only have email, message me or whatsapp number of outside uae
      • if you send email then offer of car is in outside uae port - regular story wil come and pay me to get car cleared and then you can buy

• With dubizzle uae reach in all emirates of uae, now it's fully loaded with dealers and deal hunters only, I must say above 80% at least.
    • Dealers will always set PERFECT price and have some key information missing in their ad
    • So you call to check service hostory, warranty, accidents an dthey say, come to shop and ill show you everything
    • You waste time for visiting each dealer and only 10% have everything that they say and 90% will say - oh it doesnt matter as we have 300 points checked on this car
    • So ask dealer to send you all pictures of service history, warranty and accident details on whatsapp / email and you will save 90% time

• Genuine sellers are rare find these days as everyone is busy to sell their car by themselve, but see below for their characterstics
    • Owner standing with car - 100% seller
    • Night or unclear or blurry shots - 100% seller
    • car inside have coke can or water bottle, cigg, mobile - 100% seller
    • car outside the washing bay or service center - 100% seller
    • car with baby seats, stroller in boot or junk in boot - 100% seller

• Best way to sell your cas fast with dubizzle in uae
    • Avoid all above style of pics as its really disturbing to genuine buyers
    • Clean car and remove all personal belonging as far as possible - baby seats are ok to show genuineness
    • Click car in daylight under some nice shade to avoid over bright and dark images
    • Click some minor defect / scratch pic and highlight to show you are genuine
    • Click service history picture
    • clik engine bay and underbody - if possible
    • Dont click VIN number as its often misuse and made a comment in advertisement, its available on request

• Best way to buy car from dubizzle - genuine seller
    • Keep following his/her advertisment for price drop
    • Save that search and set email alert as dubizzle has nice function to send you email of your shortlisted car daily and in that email you can see that overpriced car from genuine seller and wait when he drop.
    • Once within expected range, have all details check on fone as some owners are genuinely uneducated but not cheaters like dealers. Give good margin of error in understanding the engine size, power and features options as he/she may be using car for daily commute and have no idea of V8 vs V6, lol
    • Never start bargain on fone as a decent buyer who will earn respect, as majority of car dealer agents do that by calling multiple times daily with "whats a last cash price huh" from tons of dfferent numebr to brain wash seller to sell at half the price.
    • Once you convince with talk, get more picture, vin number and do your research
    • if you are happy go in person and test drive the car and now if al looks good open the negotiation talk, trust me you will win 8 out of 10 times as by now seller is not on defensive mode + you have gained reputation of genuine buyer.
    • After placing ad in dubizzle these days every seller become rude answering those fake calls, so you need to clear that image first very carefully to get good and sweet deal.

If anyone like to add anything more, pleae feel free and make this dubizzle uae thread grow and help all car enthusiast in how to sell or buy cars from dubizzle in uae and save tons of time, hassle and money.

Edited by Danny
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm sure people using dubizzle for a long time knows all the above points, but it's a good read for new car buyers or sellers.

Only thing I like to add:

• Email alert setting is sending one email a day and not as soon as the matching advert is placed. I was relying on that recently and once I missed a good deal as advert placed was 20 hours ago.
  • Some dealers started behaving like real owners and asking you to visit malls or somewhere halfway to your office or home location for viewing, beware as no real seller will take a car to 100's of the viewer in a diff direction. Def smells fishy.
  • You can add the last layer of negotiation after the passing or comprehensive test is done as that will show the real maintenance required in near future.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Well Ive driven as far as Ras Al Khaimah and Abu Dhabi to show a car. Anyways things to note is pics of cars with no number plates or blue export plates. 

Anyways I just scan the advs everyday and see if car is not being sold for a long time and if he is dropping prices and so on. 

For me cash is king, I never discuss price over phone, msg or mail, at best I'll ask if there is any wiggle room. 

Then I get cash with me, for example if its priced at 20. I'll. Take 20 with me because of its a good deal I dont want to miss it fpr a few 1000 dhs but I will keep aside say 15. Go have a look at the car, be nice and courteous, test drive and all. Then if I think its a good car. I lay the groundwork for my shtick.

Take out the 15k from my pocket. Lay it on the hood and tell him look man the car is great and I really like it, but its got xyz or i need to spend abc to get it right. So look here Im right here right now with cash so you know Im a serious buyer. And we will go transfer it right now. You wont have to attend any more calls, no more showings, no more tire kicker test drives. No taking to mechanics to check, No more Ill think about it and call you tomorrow etc etc. Straight up deal in a hour I drive away with a car and you with all that cash in your pocket. 

And 9 times out of 10 this works. Just last month I purchased a car for my friend which was initially advertised for 22k. I told him to bring cash and I'll do the talking. In less than an hour we were at Tasjeel paying 16k for it. Before that same shtick 11k car for 6k. 

And when selling. Good nice clean daylight pics are a must. A good detailed description including at least one thing that is wrong not right with it. And I never post my phone number. If someone is interested in buying your car for 1000s of dhs Im sure he can send you an email or msg. Otherwise you will be hounded all day long with. Habibi blease what is last brice on the phone. 

• Like (+1) 2

I agree to you both, but its funny as well.

i like changing cars almost every year or two...to sell obviously i detail it but sometimes i have often been quoted as if i am dealer..lolz

The thing is that when selling i try to tell almost any and everything to the buyer to be honest and give no surprises for anyone for future, for anyone who bought never had to call back but yes thank me for being honest.

But yes today online portals are dominated by dealers as they crash your price, infact one of the portal very famous (not dubizzle) individuals often calculate the price on it and then quote which gets very annoying.

I disconnect the call when people ask me last price some say we dont want to waste time but actually they waste time more than others.

Thanks for tips guys