•  

The worst jobs working on cars

Barry

Following on from a conversation with Saleem bhai,

I hate trying to find where a noise is coming from. Especially when a customer says it’s going grr grr tick brr. You ask where is coming from, they say I don’t know. Then you spend half a day or more trying to distinguish grr grr tick brr from brr brrr grr brr.  My pet hate is dashboard rattles. Especially when it only happens on a speed bump. There are only so many opportunities to find it without heading to BMW road in Sharjah and trying to hit every pothole along to way to replicate it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1

As much as mechanic hates it, careful owners pay more attention to these early signs. I know it's pain for mechanics to find it, but once you isolate the interior or exterior then half the battle is won. I remember when my rear tire end rod bush was worn out every little uneven surface produced trn trn noise from rear of the vehicle. I and Saleem spend days to figure out and we couldn't find out. The noise was like the coin is bouncing on some metal. Went to ENOC petrol station to Auto pro guys and explain what I am facing, that Filipino mechanic was genius, he jumped in the car and took me for short drive behind ENOC and we hit 3 speed bumps at slow speed for him to identify the noise and noise region. After coming back he lifted the car and in less than 5 minutes he spotted the worn out bush whose washers was making trn trn noise with the bush assembly rod as whole rubber was missing.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use