•  
Advertise here

Hi Gaurav,

I guess unless they mentioned steering work in your fail paper, they dont bother checking it, they would check your axle leak and break light.

if you just fix that and register the car its better.

You can later send it back to garage for other repairs.

Problems never inform and come and I never let even a day pass by with expired plates but then sometime it happens when situations are not under your control.

About the fine even though police gives verbal warning and spares at first instance occasionally its not worth taking a chance.

I had steering issues in civic i used two years back , i just got a diesel wash done and  then got passing done and then fixed it two weeks later in spare time.

Rest your choice :)

Thanks, Mohit I thought of same but steering leak is quite evident as its dripping and if the fluid is empty then steering has loud humming noise.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

My personal opinion on this, testing is made to find faults in cars. We have something similar in UK called MOT where cars over 4 years old are tested every year. 

There are 2 options. Wash off any leaks and bluff through the test. The second is if you love your car, listen to them, fix any problems and your car will last longer. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

@Barry actually there are two types of people one who says that "no no no need i am going to sell this car...or i am going to keep it just till end of this month then i am getting another car"

and the other goes like "ok so what has to be done to fix this problem " and does exactly that work and fixing few other things which surface on the way fixing the first problem and goes happily ever after until next trouble comes up...

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, shadow79 said:

@Barry actually there are two types of people one who says that "no no no need i am going to sell this car...or i am going to keep it just till end of this month then i am getting another car"

and the other goes like "ok so what has to be done to fix this problem " and does exactly that work and fixing few other things which surface on the way fixing the first problem and goes happily ever after until next trouble comes up...

And then you get used car salesmen who will do anything underhanded to get a car passed, so he makes a bit more profit, and the buyer gets stuck with the problem.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Finally, RTA renewal is done a few hours back and I'm relieved now. Thanks, @shadow79 for all the help in getting steering rack fixed again in goodwill warranty, lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use