•  
Advertise here

A Different Type Of Hybrid Engine

Well we have all heard of hybrid engines but now engineers have developed a different type of hybrid engine, No its not electric combined with fossil fuels, but actually a engine that uses both diesel as well as petrol, and as one would assume as I did at first was like traditional hybrid engines the fuels are used separately, as in you pull a switch the engine switches over to diesel from petrol or vice versa, but this is totally different, it uses petrol and diesel both at the same time, as in petrol and diesel is injected into the cylinder at the same time and then just before TDC another injection of diesel. Here is a detailed explanation as to how exactly it works

Hopefully you guys got at least a basic understanding of how it works, Well the skeptic in me always sees things in a different light, one question I think that was left unanswered was can it only run on petrol or diesel and if yes how would it perform then, and then in real life situation imagine your vehicle would have to have two separate totally independent fuels systems, which is not too big of a deal at the moment as many people run dual systems even today like CNG or LPG, but imagine having to stand in line to get your gas first then turn around and then wait in line for diesel again and with the prices of both different. But lets see how far this develops 

This is really a great time in automotive tech, Nissan has come up with what they claim is the game changer VC-T engine or Variable compression, Mazda with their skyactiv engine technology and after going through a huge PR disaster thanks to VW some new ultra efficient diesel efficient and emission which claim to even beat Teslas emissions in the pipeline and then of course for the tree huggers there is always alternate fuel which basically in todays worlds mean electric. 

I dunno if anybody here was old enough but this reminds me of the war between Beta and VHS, both striving for the number 1 position in the home entertainment segment. Even with a better format resolution wise Beta eventually lost out to VHS as basically the standard format in home entertainment for the next almost 4 decades, before being pushed out by DVDs