•  
Advertise here

GRAND VITARA

PAIS

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I am looking for some advice in buying a new car.

I am considering to buy Suzuki Grand Vitara with unlimited 7 years warranty. Please give your thoughts on this car.

It indeed sounds nice with 7 yrs unlimited km warranty too good to be true, means Suzuki is not selling these cars well in the UAE. Which in turn begs two questions: How is it to drive and how's the resale.....?

Make sure to test drive the car before buying, if I am in your place I will also test drive a year or two-year-old cars from used car market and see how it stand with the test of time with UAE heat, when it comes AC cooling, responsiveness, handling etc.

Also, check the resale drop of such less popular cars and if you are fine with steep depreciation then go for it.

Last but not the least, remember no matter what Suzuki showroom or site says that it is an offroad athlete vehicle but it's "NOT". It may have a proper 4x4 system, but it will definitely not able to push through huge dunes and tall climbs in the UAE. Good for beach, small sandy area, and little dunes - at max.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thank you Gaurav for your valuable inputs. Suzuki in UAE is offering 7 years warranty which includes for Engine, Transmission and Air condition and that's made me to think about this car. I am not worried about car depreciation as long as this car is reliable.  

Drive quality is very important for me as my daily commute is around 170 Kms. I have booked test-drive for this week and As you said, I am planning to take a test drive with the used car market this weekend as-well. 

• Like (+1) 1

Good, drive at least 2 or 3 used cars which is more than 3 and less than 5 years old to give you the right feel you will be living with for next couple of years.

I would say skip it solely based on the fact you have long daily commute, get something bigger and more comfortable. 

But that depends also on what car you are using now as you daily driver. Whether the zuk is a step forward or backwards. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hello,

I heard good reviews on this car as reliable one and I could not find any other cars in this budget. Since I am driving Chevy Cruze, planning for a upgrade to crossover as SUV’s are out of budget for now.

I thought about Kia and Hyundai brands but they all are same as Chevy, will start giving trouble in some years.

Please give your thoughts on this car.

My answer was strictly based on the comfort and long commute part since I know how important that is because there was a time I was doing 400kms daily.

Other than that if your current car is a Cruze then I say go for it. My only rationale was if you are coming from a luxury sedan to suv to a zuk then you will be disappointed.

Pretty decent car, looks good get the V6 plenty of power at 220 plus HP and unlike other crossovers this one is a proper offroader rear wheel drive when not in 4x4 and low ratio ration transfer case and a lockable diff im the fully loaded version. Unlike others in the segment with front wheel drive and some fancy part time 4wd. 

And with a 7 year warranty I wouldnt be worried about reliability anyways. 

Its a 2.4L VVT / 4 Cylinder / 16 Valves delivering 124 kW / 167 Hp

http://www.suzuki.ae/SiteAssets/brochures/grand-vitara.pdf

Oh then that is truly sad they have stopped offering the V6 as well as the 2door. 

Still should be alright off road with a 164hp on a relatively small and light body and being a proper 4x4. 

@Gaurav & @desertdude he wants it for his daily use and not off road use. Being a Japanese car it is reliable, with unlimited kilometers warranty you don't have to worry about reliability as desertdude pointed out. Comfort wise as Gaurav bhai said please test drive from the showroom and a couple of these vehicles from the second hand market to get the true feel. But just be were that not being popular in this market parts will be hard to find and expensive to maintain once out of warranty or parts start failing which are not in warranty.

All the best and do check out some offers for Ramadan, you might get an awesome deal.