•  

some very important gauges

shadow79

2 hours ago, Barry said:

Wiring it is easy. Finding somewhere to insert the oil pressure and water temperature sensor is the hard part. If you love your car enough you will pay the machine shop to make the adaptors. 

Thats what I mean drilling and welding bungs, tapping into lines etc etc. 

thats where such things come in handy its clean and quite fit i am in process of tossing some things in some parts i have and some are still in figuring of how to commence 

38mm-defi-water-temp-sensor-adaptor-gauge.jpg

oil_pressure_gauge_blue_oil_filter_sandwich_adapter.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Just a food for thought, how about going for "almost" all in one cluster for key data like Exhaust temp, Water Temp, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure etc in one single digital panel.

It is supplied with individual sensor and wiring and all those get connected to control panel that is hooked with digital panel, looks pretty neat but pricey. Anyone tried this one.....?

How about this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/132641287237

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I had a friend who had replaced stock gauges with this or something very similar to this as it looked exactly like this on his modified Jeep TJ. Looked real ugly TBH 

55 minutes ago, Barry said:

That’s a cheap Chinese copy of a Stack motorsport dash. The original ones cost up to $2,000 or more. They’re extremely popular and most rally cars I’ve worked on run Stack systems.

http://www.stackltd.com/

I disagree. It is not a cheap copy; it is a cheap and nasty copy...

• Haha (+1) 2

Ok guys, I know the pro guys run Motec and other stuff that a normal weekend warrior really cannot afford to spend upto 5-10k USD just for gauges unless you are doing these stuff for a living.

So my question is what is the best and reasonably priced gauge that every weekend warrior can afford to keep a close eye on engine oil temp and pressure, water temp and exhaust temp to know when to stop pushing if things go south - once in a while.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Tim gauges are good quality and reasonably priced. Plenty of people using them in high end builds. You can mix and match whatever gauges you want, water, oil, battery etc. The market is full of universal 52mm mounts and pods for cheap so you can mount them on the dash, in the dash, on the a pillar or anywhere else you want. 

DF0EF768-5D1A-494F-A346-0B1790A75A22.jpeg

711A2A51-DB58-4CDF-95C2-985DAB0761AC.jpeg

50199564-E924-4951-B801-67F2BE2202CE.jpeg

2912A243-B817-4B66-8F1C-A0171134A65C.jpeg

Also to add, always go for electrical gauges with sender units. Some gauges like oil pressure, turbo pressure have a pipe running directly to the gauge. If that pipe breaks it will cover the back of your dashboard in oil. 

Important Information

Terms of use