•  
Advertise here

Electric Range Rover | Fully Charged

12 hours ago, desertdude said:

What a waste of a Range Rover Classic 

I think going all EV is the best possible way to revive a classic... any classic for that matter. 

I wont be surprised if that will be a trend in few years time.

Edited by Jeh

27 minutes ago, Jeh said:

I think going all EV is the best possible way to revive a classic... any classic for that matter. 

Even though I have never been a Range Rover fan, and will likely never be, the words "Range" and "electric" don't belong in the same sentence.  

Edited by treks

22 minutes ago, treks said:

Even though I have never been a Range Rover fan, and will likely never be, the words "Range" and "electric" don't belong in the same sentence.  

LOL i know what you mean..everyon who owns a RR is a victim of the relay nightmares... 

10 hours ago, Jeh said:

Disagree to the extent of protest. There are many properly restored RRCs and other classic without them being gutted of thier souls and replaced with useless batteries.

One of my strongest beliefs is electric is NOT the way to go but being rammed down peoples throats because people have become lazy in innovation and money for new innovation is hard to come by so they are just screwing around with electric because its the lowest hanging fruit at the moment.

Look at the 59s and 60s even big manufacturers were experimenting with all sorts of things, like jet powered planes and even nuclear powered planes.

Now everybody is just like sheep going down the electric avenue. Which even after 2 decades has show no real improvement or feasibility.  Biggest leap till now has been Tesla that also because ot was backed by huge money but its also starting to show its cracks as time goes on. And really hasn't caught on anywhere except the lower east coast of the USA. Close to home base.

• Like (+1) 1

"Going electric" is nothing but a buzz phrase, and governments claiming that they will be ready to ban the sale of cars with IC engines in 20 years are deluding not only themselves, but their voters as well. 

Several recent innovations in IC technology will keep these engines going for at least the next several decades until somebody works out how to make the manufacturing of electric cars a viable proposition, from both an economic and environmental perspective.  

• Like (+1) 1

So it's basically a Tesla under the hood of RRC. Creative.

Actually speaking this conversion is quite smart and intelligent to test the electric concept in your own car, which you have been driving previously with IC. This way you can really have an apple to apple comparison if electric does 100% what IC was doing or not. Instead of buying a new electric car that comes with its own mind and character and will make you (probably) lost in limbo.

So RRC was thinking that people will only drive their cars till 99,999, really....! as odometer was 5 digits.

Anyone noticed that this RRC was just 29k driven, damn lucky owner

Jeh, what Treks mentioned about Electric and Range in one sentence means the electric charging range, and not RR usual woes. I totally agree with Treks.

TBH, what I feel the way forward in future will be solar, wind, nuclear but not electric as the electric model is just being used as a stepping stone to graduate to that level. So if consumers can ditch IC for electric then next move will be a lot easy without any resistance.

The best temporary solution is actually a Hybrid version than going all electric that has tons of Range issue and charging downtime and availability. I drove a BMW 530i Hybrid for two weeks in London and I was impressed with 6-7L/100 fuel economy for such luxury sports sedan. It has a peony battery with a range of 14 miles which made me laugh initially, but when I start using it that made a lot of sense that car automatically charging the battery all the time and using on constant cruising speed, where you don't need 1000 hp to push.

Jeh: Nice video and good find

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 5/25/2018 at 8:04 PM, desertdude said:

One of my strongest beliefs is electric is NOT the way to go but being rammed down peoples throats because people have become lazy in innovation and money for new innovation is hard to come by so they are just screwing around with electric because its the lowest hanging fruit at the moment.

This sounds so funny.. I cant believe i am seeing this statement in 2018.. maybe in 1995 it made sense. 

The biggest point everyone in this thread is missing is EV is not a option anymore.. but it is something that should be strictly imposed and adapted all over the world. Has anyone of you ever considered the consequences of petrol cars? Please, please please educate yourselves on the extensive harmful effects that the oil and gas industry has had on planet earth over the past 20 years, and then make a statement. 

Does the word global warming or sustainability ring any bell? 

Look at the 59s and 60s even big manufacturers were experimenting with all sorts of things, like jet powered planes and even nuclear powered planes.

The day the tech to use these resources will  be made easy and inexpensive itll be used to power spaceships and interplanetary travel.. not cars alone. And yes it is all there in the making.. 

On 5/26/2018 at 12:09 AM, treks said:

"Going electric" is nothing but a buzz phrase, and governments claiming that they will be ready to ban the sale of cars with IC engines in 20 years are deluding not only themselves, but their voters as well. 

This week, Ford announced plans to introduce 24 electric or hybrid cars by 2022 (it also shared vague plans for a model called the Mach 1, which might be some sort of high performance SUV, to make that transition from your gas guzzler a little easier.) GM is already all-in on an electric future, along with Jaguar Land Rover, Volvo, and Aston Martin.

Edited by Jeh