•  
Advertise here

Pajero Bullbar / Custom bumper

I managed to damage the front bumper of my '99 Pajero this morning. Considering that it might be difficult to find an original bumper for this model, i was already looking for aftermarket or custom bumpers until i came across a post that these are not allowed by RTA ? Does this depend on certain things like if there is a bullbar mounted or only a custom bumper or are both banned ?

My plan was to buy an ARB or other brand of front bumper and get it modified to fit the Pajero. Or get a custom one made (see attached). 

paj.jpg

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

steel bumpers are a strict no no with the RTA but recently Ive heard they are allowing if fitter with rubber bump stops. But don't take me word for it

My advice is if you do opt for a steel bumper don't bother with local made bumpers, they are heavy as hell and there is no point in hauling so much weight around, and you will find your front suspension bottoming out quite a lot more, specially if you go offloading.

ARB is still quite heavy, but in my experience the best as in light weight bumpers are from TJM but after a couple of years of driving with a TJM bumper I decided I didnt even need that and went back to my stock bumper of my Land Cruiser. 

And it is possible to modify one to fit your car. I did just that on my discovery. Modified one for a land cruiser to fit my disco. 

20 hours ago, Barry said:

@Gaurav do you have Imam Ali’s number? He had some. 

Who is Imam Ali? Can't recall buddy.

What you can do is go to Jabal Tokyo and they stock almost everything possible for these gen Pajero.

https://goo.gl/maps/8cbFkkGtCV62

Don't waste time in Sajja, as no one keep these old model scrap parts, I have tried 3 times and redirected to Sharjah behind Macro, where Jabal Tokyo is or to Umm Al Quwain. Btw next to Jabal Tokyo inside the gully, there is last and second last shop on the right side also keep this gen Pajero scrap, try them. They are very nice and friendly guys, really helpful too.

For metal bumper, I agree with DD if installed professionally with the rubber bumper in front then it's allowed 7 out of 10 times and 3 times they still might fail you. With your gen Pajero approach angle design is the most awesome and you will never generally break the bumper unless some serious mishap happens. I'm driving mine for 8 years and even in worst of impact, I bent the bash plate and not the bumper.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks so much guys, Until now i never got further than BMW road. The others industrial areas are a maze for me. I'll go for an original one if possible. 

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."