•  

Cool night Suhoor drive - 7 June

Rahimdad

After experiencing an amazing drive last Thursday night in excellent weather, we like to replicate another Suhoor night drive to enjoy the drive and eating together but in a different area - Bidayer to Pink Rocks to Big Fall and if time permits to either Fossil Rocks or Faya.

This area offers all level terrain in some easy to medium size rolling dunes, and we expect to finish on some tall dune to enjoy suhoor with good breeze and company.

When: 7 June 2018, Thursday
Meeting time: 11 PM, convoy will move sharp at 11:15 PM
Where: Old Emarat Petrol Station at Lahbab R/A

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/gQd1UszDdSG2

Level of drive: Absolute Newbie - Newbie - Fewbie - Expert - Advance - All are welcome
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
Plan: Night drive from Bidayer to Pink rock to Big Fall and end at Fossil Rocks or Faya as time permits and enjoy Suhoor together.
What to bring along: Evening snacks, food for Suhoor, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 4 AM, 8 June 2018. Friday

suhoor.jpg

List your name and mobile number in this drive thread and RSVP the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/6/2018 at 1:05 AM, Shafiq said:

A friend of mine is moving out of UAE and expected to fly Thursday night, so my Thursday plans depends on his plans :) 

Got confirmation he is not flying tonight. Now I am in! see you guys 😃

• Haha (+1) 1

@Asif Hussain bhai the tow hook should be sorted after eid as the last time i went they were out of hooks

the trailer tows are pretty expensive but not suitable for this application

for the time being please make use of the epilictal bows on both sides of the car in the rear i am sure they are sturdy enough for this job

Edited by shadow79
more info
  • Haha (+1) 1

Good day, bad day, mixed feelings. Read to the end to understand how a goid day turned bad.

Everybody met on time and after a nice tea we were off to deflate near Bidayer. As we headed in and made it to the top of Big Red, we went through some big dunes to play around in slightly humid conditions. All of the participants managed very well all the way to Pink Rocks. We then crossed over to the other side where the dunes were even more challenging, but everyone performed well.

The dunes formation was very challenging which added to the fun. Moreover @EmVarlet my second lead, @Shafiq, @sertac, @Gaurav and @skumar83 my trusted sweep team did extremely well and kept the convoy moving at all times. Soon we reached Big Fall where we lay our spread just in time to have our Suhoor. By chance @Gaurav and I got the same dish. There was plenty to go around and plenty time to enjoy.

As the Fair Azaan was sounded we cleared up with everyone wanting to continue. We crossed over and headed to Faya where we played for sometime before we moved on to Fossil Rocks. Here we were treated with loads of bushes which I'm not so comfortable with, but given the terrain everyone showed a lot of patience and managed very well. Once on top of Fossil Rocks the challenge of the rocks was missing as the track was covered with sand.

As we came down and heading out we all tried our luck and played around the front face of Fossil Rocks. With the sun making an appearance and things supposed to get heated up we decided to head out. At around half way mark the radio sounded that Gaurav bhai's faithful Pair to switched itself off. After waiting for a while we headed back. We tried everything from the air intake to the fuel supply to the sparks, everything seemed to be OK but it would not start. With the sun peaking now and all efforts failing we decided to tow it out. It was a difficult task but with great support from @EmVarlet we found an excellent path and were out without any hiccups.

A great night turned sad with @Gaurav bhai's trusted Pajero leaving on a flat bed. Today I was made to realize the severity of the situation as confirmed that the engine is fried. We wish Gaurav bhai and his Pajero a speedy recovery as we cannot stay long without them. Until next time this is Rahimdad signing off.

• Sad (0) 4

Important Information

Terms of use