•  
Advertise here

Airbag repair

Barry

I really doubt and I wouldn't advise to refurb the suspension airbag as it's more of a consumable item as rubber tends to crack and fail with time and heat. Even if you try something from scrap at half the cost it will fail in a quarter of life, so always advice to go with new.

If the owner is tired of changing again and again, then you can look into ARNOTT website if they manufacture for your vehicle as they usually have far better quality than any OEM and backed with their limited lifetime warranty.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I have no qualms about using reconditioned airbags and I’ve used them many times with no ill consequences. After all, it’s just a series of moving parts. You wouldn’t thing twice about changing a set of brushes or a solenoid on a starter motor. 

Buying a new unit would be ideal for me to swap out but it’s an older supercar so it’s extremely cost prohibitive, hence looking for someone who can repair it. 

There are quite a few places in shj doing refurbs or more correctly replace air suspension airbags. Just need to get them the struts, last time I checked it was 500dhs per corner for a RR with a 15 day warranty.

What car is it anyways, might be able to give better info

auto jabain and auto chockup are some shops from where i got refurbished shocks for a merc and rr i guess they also repair and give warranty on their work

they both are at cola road

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Barry said:

Sorted. Got a repair kit online and did it myself. Surprisingly easy to do too. 15 minutes rebuilds the units. The biggest job is taking the strut out of the car. 

Link please!

• Like (+1) 1