•  
Advertise here

Also be sure to take proper measurements of the oil pump's internal clearances. 

just in case to everyone here the strip down of the engine is what hopefully @Barry has mentioned earlier...as i am having a feeling that the spot light is moving somewhere else here it seems  :-D:-D

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to my South African friend today and he mentioned that in SA some guys are doing the engine swap with a V8 Lexus block:

http://www.pajeroclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3816

Probably difficult to get that done properly here ? Just my two cents...

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thanks buddy, unfortunately here V6 to V6 of a different brand is also a nightmare. As Tasjeel asked me to check with RTA. I went to RTA and they said to get them the paper from Habtoor that your exact V6 is not available. I did that too and after that, no reply and kind of indirect message I got are we can do V6 to V6 within similar power engine without touching the chassis engine mount and adapter that we make to fit another new engine should be done PROFESSIONALLY or else they will not issue a waiver. So it's kind of tough bet when you are living on edge and mercy of avg-medium workmanship available here in UAE and stringent laws.

So V6 to V8 engine swap is not at all possible unless I load this on a trailer like a dune buggy and tow around.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

V8 in a Pajero is a tight squeeze. The V6 is tight enough. Even if you slide it back a couple of inches (which will necessitate shortening the main prop and lengthening the front prop), it will still be tight to fit the radiator up front. 

On a side note, how do these people with Denali engined patrols get their car passed? I’m guessing it’s a case of wasta?

lets go back to the original point, uae mechanics are mediocre at best. Most of these guys are people who spend their time doing oil and timing belt changes. They have no experience of modifications. When you look at all the best engine swaps on the internet, they’re all home built machines. When you’re doing that kind of work yourself, you have all the time in the world to spend on it. People here are on the clock with the sword of Damocles hanging over their head. There are mechanics here who can do this work but it’s expensive and it’s expensive for a reason. 

It’s part of an old internet meme but when I worked for a Mercedes restoration company the old guy (papa smurf, I’ll explain later) told me about the mechanics triangle. There is good work, there is fast work and there is cheap work. You can pick any two of them but all three together aren’t possible.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2018 at 9:52 PM, Barry said:

There is good work, there is fast work and there is cheap work. You can pick any two of them but all three together aren’t possible.

This goes in my collection of quotes. Absolutely true!