•  
Advertise here

This is a fantastic piece of news for anyone who is here illegally. 

https://m.gulfnews.com/news/uae/government/uae-plans-amnesty-for-visa-violators-1.2238541

If you overstayed your visa, you can leave and re enter with no fines. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 months later...

Some of you know my situation. I got screwed by an ex employer on my visa and ended staying in UAE illegally and racking up 71k in fines. No normal person can afford that so I took advantage of the amnesty and am now a free man.

Its very hard to find accurate information on this process online so here is my personal experience. I hope it can help someone. Just to add, this is only the process for Dubai, other emirates will be different.

Go to Al Awir immigration centre, near the jail. If you don’t drive there are no buses to here but you can go to Rashidiya metro station and take a taxi from there. It will cost you 40-50 dhs. There are plenty of taxis waiting to take you back but they will only take individuals, sharing is not allowed.

When you get to Al Awir, don’t go into the main building. There is a big tent beside, this is where you need to go. One entrance for men, one for ladies. If you have no court cases, the only thing you need is your passport. If you have existing court cases you will need to resolve them first. If you had a case but it’s now resolved, you will need a NOC from the bank/police/wherever your case was. Get it now because it can take 2 weeks to complete. 

Now just go inside a queue up. Some people will be picked out from the crowd and asked to come to the front. We all know how things work here so don’t get offended, just be patient, remember why you’re there.

If you want to exit the country, you will need to pay 520 dhs on the day. If you want to stay in UAE, tell them you want a 6 month jobseekers visa and there will be nothing to pay right now. 

For jobseekers visa, the person in the immigration centre will give you a piece of paper in Arabic. My Arabic sucks. I know numbers and I can spell my name so that’s all I could make out. The rest was gobbledygook to me. 

Take this piece of paper to one of the Amer centres and tell them you want a 6 month jobseekers visa. I recommend the one beside Oasis mall because there’s not many people and you can get through in under 20 minutes. 

You will need a passport photo. Bring one with you. The nearest photo studio is in oasis mall and they will charge you minimum 55dhs for 8 photos. You will also need to pay a fee of 620 dhs which is nothing if like me you have a huge fine. 

Your 6 month visa will be emailed to you within 24 hours. Print it out and keep it. No need for passport stamp. 

If anyone is here illegally or knows anyone who is, please do something about it now. The process is simple and there is less than 4 weeks to fix the situation.

• Like (+1) 4

That's probably the best news I have heard on your long-standing case with ex-employer, who intentionally abused your visa status and didn't even paid your salary for months. Really happy for you, that finally everything got sorted now.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.