•  
Advertise here

The New Suzuki Jimny 2019

Jeh

This thing is creating a big buzz all over the internet cant wait to see it in real life. The previous Jimny was a great little proper suv with a ladder frame chassis, low ration gearbox and pretty capable off roader. 

This look even more off road worthy. Cant say the same for the lime green hero colour they have chosen for it though! 

Stance looks very impressive with awesome approach and departure angles but Suzuki need to ditch 1.X liter engine and switch to real offroad worthy engines. It seems they have almost everything perfect made for Jimny to be classified as a proper off-roader except the engine power.

This peony 1.X liter is good for entry level dune bashing but not mid or extreme level.

Any idea on this new Jimny what engine they are using....?

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I think the Jimny Liwa Team will disagree with you on that one. For such a small and light car that weighs just 1ton I think its sufficient, acn always mod for more power if needed

Or you could swap it with a 300hp LS corvette V8 and yes thats a thing

This is probably modified or running swap engine just like everyone says Patrol is king of desert and then stock Patrol coughs up half the faya. Don't go for this imposters impressions.

I have driven stock Jimny in 3 occasions from 2010 - 2016 and all three times it coughs up in loose soft sands with tons of cross tracks and eventually I have to winch them up to get them out of the serious bowl. Circling around for more than 5-10 times wasn't enough to build momentum to get them out of its own power.

In such mud and rock climbing they might be very good but in the sand, they are quite sluggish when engine power is needed to churn cross tracks. Even RAV4 coughs up with 2.X liter engine on cross tracks and a quick climb up without run-up. 

People filming Jimny here must be doing on the virgin sand and not the beaten up tracks or open dunes with few hundred meter run-up.

Up until 2018 model here is the Jimny Power to weight ratio:

80 hp / 1107 kgs  = 72.26 hp/ton - Highly UNDERPOWERED for sand.

For 2019 model, rumor saying they are launching new engine of 3 cylinders with 660 CC but with turbo, yet to know the power figures though.

• 2 weeks later...