•  
Advertise here

Wrestling

Barry

I’ve met a few people on the forum who are into wrestling. 

Im not into WWE myself, I prefer indie wrestling, impact, ring of honour, international championship wrestling, new japan wrestling, combat zone wrestling (the new ECW). 

WCW is what started it for me. 

The new has just come in that Big Van Vader has passed away due to a combination of pneumonia and heart failure. 

He was a brilliant wrestler in his time and had one of the best entrances with the big alien helmet with smoke coming out. 

Makes me wonder, how long do the old school guys have left, hulk, sting etc. Sting looked after himself but hulk was and maybe still is a steroid freak. Brother. 

Wrestling was always fake. We all know it. But Kayfabe for the sake of entertainment is what makes it fun. Check out some of the crazy stuff wrestlers like Jeff Hardy did in his TNA time. Sure, the storylines aren’t real but jumping off a 2 story cage and smashing someone through a table, you can’t fake that. 

This is why I don’t watch WWE these days and why the indies are far more entertaining. 

Ever see New Jack in ECW stabbing the guy in the head with a fork? 

This is why indie wrestling is king. WWE is for divas. 

Like I said I don't watch or enjoy contact sports anymore. Always knew it was fake but then it just started getting day time soap fake and that was too much to bear.

In an hour long show there was about 45mins of some idiot with a mic in the ring balbbering or some behind the scene rivalry bullshit and about 10-15mins of any actual wrestling. 

Before that I was a super wrestling fan, Jimmy Snuka, The Iron Sheik, Ultimate Warrior, Roddy Piper, Shawn Michaels, Diesel, Bret and Owen Hart The rocks father Rocky Johnson were there, it was fake back then too but a lot more colour full characters. Heck their managers and even the ringside commentators were more interesting than todays wrestling. Like Jimmy Hart and Mean Jean.

McMahon took over and eventually ruined the whole thing. Turned it into fekin soap opera

• Like (+1) 1