•  
Advertise here

How Reliable 2013 Altima

After getting really tired of try to fix Cherokee. I dont even want to see it anymore. I found 2013 Altima SV with 63000km on it. Full service history available. Nice looking car(since i hate how Camry looking). I would like to know how reliable are those Altimas. I am making 30.000km a year and i want to have it for long time. I was planing to get Lancer EX but this one is more comfortable. 

All new nissans are very prone to CVT transmissions failure they start going around the 100-150k kms mark As a rule of thumb I would stay away from anything with a CVT transmission regardless of make. 

For the same money try something like an older Land Cruiser. This way you can have a reliable daily driver as well as a big somewhat comfortable weekend desert warrior too.

P.S : Please dont punish yourself with a Lancer. 

47 minutes ago, desertdude said:

All new nissans are very prone to CVT transmissions failure they start going around the 100-150k kms mark As a rule of thumb I would stay away from anything with a CVT transmission regardless of make. 

For the same money try something like an older Land Cruiser. This way you can have a reliable daily driver as well as a big somewhat comfortable weekend desert warrior too.

P.S : Please dont punish yourself with a Lancer. 

I want something newer than 2013. I want it to be economical on gas and usable for my wife. After 1 month i am getting married. it will be very hard to go desert after that so i am just passing weekend warriors. 

3 hours ago, sertac said:

I want something newer than 2013. I want it to be economical on gas and usable for my wife. After 1 month i am getting married. it will be very hard to go desert after that so i am just passing weekend warriors. 

Well then yeah you are pretty much stuck with shitty cars unless you open up your wallet a little more. Just out of curiosity what is your max budget so people can chime in with better options

49 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Well then yeah you are pretty much stuck with shitty cars unless you open up your wallet a little more. Just out of curiosity what is your max budget so people can chime in with better options

Lets say 35.000 

2 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

For all the reasons mentioned I would not go for an Altima. Try for Honda Accord.

I talked with @skumar83 on the phone also. He is saying he has some Nissan`s he is not happy with them. Probably i will go with accord or Mazda 6.