•  
Advertise here

The hatchback appreciation society

Barry

@Frederic Nuyttens there was one of those abandoned in Al Quoz behind gold and diamond park for over a year. The front end was damaged. It disappeared a few weeks ago. Very rare car here, never mind anywhere else. 

Next car, Saab 900 Turbo. The biggest honour it holds is that it was the first commercially successful turbo car. 

There were also a few oddities that made it special. The engine was mounted backwards so power was delivered from the “front” of the crankshaft. 

The next was that it had the gearbox mounted in the sump, like an original mini. 

6EAAAFC3-3B73-40D6-BA0D-EE5EBF7F76BE.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Fiat Seicento

23E2E7B1-FE77-4B36-A161-13216F789495.png.18de9434151b1d4a91b8b698dba788fe.png

My friend bought one of these in the early 2000s. I laughed at him and asked him why. He told me it cost him £80 (400 dhs) per month. Then he took me for a drive in it and it all made sense. 750kg with a full tank of petrol. Sure, it took 3 weeks to get up to speed but if you kept the momentum going, you didn’t even have to slow down to go round corners. I know handling like a go kart is a cliche but it really did handle like a go kart. Still wouldn’t want to have a crash in one though but fun little car to drive. Micheal Schumacher enjoyed it enough to sign his name on a limited edition of the car. 

Who knows what the Renault drivers were smoking when they dreamed this up. I know a few Renault employees in France and most of them spend their days drinking red wine and smoking hashish. 1ABBD005-DDD3-4A11-BC59-BA4963098BF3.jpeg.74133fb03f14b1c7daf8dbffc604fd12.jpeg

Someone had the bright idea to cut the rear passenger seat out and drop in a 2.9 v6 engine coupled to a 6 speed manual box. 

3 different models were built, the king having 285 bhp. An insane amount of horsepower in such a tiny car. 

These cars were produced is small numbers and many were written off due to inexperienced drivers. Original examples command a high premium now. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Barry said:

Who knows what the Renault drivers were smoking when they dreamed this up. I know a few Renault employees in France and most of them spend their days drinking red wine and smoking hashish. 1ABBD005-DDD3-4A11-BC59-BA4963098BF3.jpeg.74133fb03f14b1c7daf8dbffc604fd12.jpeg

Someone had the bright idea to cut the rear passenger seat out and drop in a 2.9 v6 engine coupled to a 6 speed manual box. 

3 different models were built, the king having 285 bhp. An insane amount of horsepower in such a tiny car. 

These cars were produced is small numbers and many were written off due to inexperienced drivers. Original examples command a high premium now. 

Amazing cars. There is only 3 sample in Turkey. Value of this car went to the moon. 

• 3 months later...
33 minutes ago, Javier M said:

It's a shame they wont sell the Focus RS in the UAE. 350hp of pure beauty. 

2018 Focus RS in Nitrous Blue Quad coat

Some people bring from USA. There are few samples here. I saw one myself. 

• Like (+1) 2