•  
Advertise here

Pajero sensor located next to MAF

@Barry Thanks i was afraid of that. I'll bring it to the workshop to get the setting back to normal while connected to gas analyzer.

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

that screw you are you are seeing is mainly used to adjust the idle speed when your engine ages and looses a bit of compression

that same type of setting screw is also in toyota camry 1999 mounted on the driver side strut tower in the engine bay

and some more cars of that era also seem to have them in machanical or electrical types....

Thanks guys, i've put it back somewhere in the middle now and the car runs fine. I still need to find someone to have a look at the low power issue that i feel on this car. Runs fine on idle, consumption is around 15l/100 km, but every corolla or even yaris can pull away from my like i'm standing still. I think my 0..10 is in the region of 17-18 seconds which makes me think something is wrong. 

* Air filter is clean

* MAF sensor cleaned and signal verified: look ok.

* Fuel filter underneath the car replaced.

* No engine check lights.

It's of course an old car that probably lost a few horses throughout the years... but i feel more could be wrong.

To be continued :)

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, Frederic Nuyttens said:

I think my 0..10 is in the region of 17-18 seconds

That seems about right. As far as I can remember it was around 12-13 sec mark anyways so being as old it is for sure some ponies have escaped. 

Maybe with a full tune up you can gain a few seconds.

Im sure there are ton of video s om YouTube showing a similar pajero doing a 0-100 blast watxh then and compare it to yours.

Yours actually might be still in the 12-13 sec mark since you've never actually timed it. Just seems like longer, because 12seconds is not fast by any means and does feel like an eternity.