With the past couple of drives being in the Mahafiz area, lets just change the location and up the level of the drive by having an early morning drive in Area 53. This area is best known for its rolling tall dunes and massive drops. So get ready for lots and lots of fun with an overdose of adrenalin.

When: 13 July 2018
Meeting time: 3:45 AM,
 the convoy will move sharply at 4:00 AM
Where: Bidayer Shops

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/zV7uCUyrgGn

Level of drive: Fewbie - Intermediate
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
Plan: Drive, challenge and enjoy until about 7:30 AM
What to bring along: Morning Breakfast - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7:30 AM

• Like 3

Awesome. I’m in.

• Like 1

• Similar Content

• By Rahimdad
      Now that we found love what are we going to do with it.. We are going to have an Absolute Newbie or a Newbie drive depending on the level of the participants. Looking forward to an easy relaxing drive for everyone with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, hill climb, and ridge riding. Newbies and Fewbies will have great chance to see and learn the real fun that off-roading offers in a very safe and organized environment.
      Level Newbie and above
      When: 16 November 2018
      Meeting time: 06:00 am, convoy will move at sharp 06:15 am
      Where: Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road GPS Coordinate: https://maps.google.com/?cid=15033938015658585340
      Level of drive: Newbie - Fewbie - All are welcome
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
      Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 10:00 am
      What to bring along: Loads of snacks, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time: 10:00 am
      Those interested please mark accept on the below calendar.

@Emil & @Javier M. You can sign up for this drive which will allow you to learn about desert driving in a very organized way.
    • By Rahimdad
      Now that we found love what are we going to do with it.. We are going to have an Absolute Newbie or a Newbie drive depending on the level of the participants. Looking forward to an easy relaxing drive for everyone with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, hill climb, and ridge riding. Newbies and Fewbies will have great chance to see and learn the real fun that off-roading offers in a very safe and organized environment.
      Level Newbie and above
      When: 16 November 2018
      Meeting time: 06:00 am, convoy will move at sharp 06:15 am
      Where: Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road GPS Coordinate: https://maps.google.com/?cid=15033938015658585340
      Level of drive: Newbie - Fewbie - All are welcome
      Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 10:00 am
      What to bring along: Loads of snacks, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time: 10:00 am
      Those interested please mark accept on the below calendar.
    • By skumar83
      Route from Al Shuwaib to Iftar Bowl via Super Bowl - Intermediate Level Track - Minimum 3 capable 4x4 vehicles 

Shuwaib Iftar bowl.gpx
    • By skumar83
      I am currently running a high gear ratio (lower numerical) of 3.07 and have found no major issues while desert driving. However, since I had increased my tire size from 29" to a 31", and since I am looking in the near future at a possible differential replacement, I wanted your suggestions on whether it would be advisable to go for a lower gear ratio (higher numerical) like 3.54, 3.73 or even 4.10.
      What I have understood from reading online is that when you mention a 3.07 gear ratio, the drive shaft would rotate 3.07 times for one rotation of the wheel. So that means that while driving on the highway you would get better mileage as the drive shaft is rotating less as compared to a 3.54 gear ratio. In the US, all the forums suggest going for a lower gear ratio (higher numerical) like 3.73 or 4.10 as a minimum, but then their offroading activity is more into rock crawling where you would need the car engine to be in right bandwidth of approx 3000 rpm so that you have maximum torque but with low speed to climb the obstacle.

How would the gear ratios matter while doing desert driving where momentum is the main thing. By lowering the gear ratio to 3.54 or 3.73 I presume my speed would on the 1st gear would reduce which would reduce the performance.

So bottom line for desert driving is whether a high gear ratio (lower numerical) better than a low gear ratio (higher numerical) ?
    • By Rahimdad
      Taking in to consideration a sizeable break from the desert I'm posting this drive in an area that would challenge the best of us.
      This area offers varied terrain for all types of adventure seeker from tall - medium - small (techy) dunes with enough area to play   
      When: 31 August 2018
      Meeting time: 4:00 PM, convoy will move at 4:15 PM
      Where: First Emarat Petrol Station after outlet mall on Dubai - Al Ain road
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/7pRg8Lb1N3s
      Level of drive: Fewbie - Expert - Advance - (absolute newbie and newbie as passengers only)
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
      Plan: Afternoon drive from Marquab to Lisali with an option to finish at the Qudra Lakes
      What to bring along: Evening snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, and enthusiasm.
      Approximate finish time: 7 PM - 8 PM

RSVP on below calendar