•  
Advertise here

Hi, Need some suggestions on subwoofers.
I drive Nissan X trail 2018 base model as it stats,  music system is also very base level. So planning to install subwoofer with reasonable price. I am looking for subwoofer which doesn't eat much space, probably under seat subwoofer which comes with the amp. I do not want thumping music but soothing  some bass Which lacks in my current factory system.

suggestions with specifications would be highly appreciate

What you need is something like the Kenwood KSC-SW11. It is a compact subwoofer with built in amplifier. Its on Souq for 574 Dhs.

https://uae.souq.com/ae-en/kenwood-ksc-sw11-150w-compact-powered-enclosed-car-subwoofer-black-7061490/i/?a_source=google&a_medium=cpc&a_content=search_shopping&u_type=shopping&a_campaign=Shopping-UAE-EN-Global&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_tzNx5eZ3AIVF2YbCh1vEQN3EAQYAiABEgLsGfD_BwE

The compact design is just what you are looking for. Bear in mind it will need a power feed from the battery and remote switching wire and RCA leads from the back of the head unit.

Find a shop who can plug and play before you buy to impress what you really want. I was in a similar situation last year and after testing 3 units, I decided to upgrade my speakers and add a high-quality amp under the seat and the bass boost is much better than any compact subwoofer. 

Of course, nothing can beat a dedicated full-size subwoofer but if space is a constraint you need to pick a side.

You can read more in detail from my build

OR Sri's thread

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you @Barry and @Gaurav for your valuable suggestions. 

After reading Gauravs topic, decided to go with speaker replacement instead of sub-woofer. 

Since I do not have any idea on this topic and if I go to any dealer they can make me fool easily and install any kind of speakers, so I need some more suggestions--

1) Which speakers (for back and front) are good which produce good bass and clear sound in my Nissan X-trail. 

2) budgeted speakers, my budget is around AED 1K. Not sure if it's very minimal but this is what my budget is.

3) since my car is brand new (month old) does changing speakers void my warranty?  if I do it outside?

4) Any good dealer who can sell/install speakers??  

Thank you

You can actually go with a similar build I did as I'm very happy and satisfied with it. If you want to hear any time PM me your number and catch up.

What you can do with a 1K budget, go with below highlighted options and if you like you can upgrade the rest if needed or when you have the budget in future. You might not need as well because your newer car front speaker, tweeter, and head unit might be in the usable state unlike my case

• Pioneer TS-A1686S - 350W - 60W RMS (Front speaker) - 150 AED
  • Pioneer TS-A6996S - 650W - 100W RMS (Rear Speaker) - 200 AED
  • Pioneer TS-S20 - 200W - 20mm amorphous-titanium-coated dome tweeters - 250 AED
  • Pioneer DEH-X4850FD - 100W x 4 Channel (Head unit) - 375 AED
  • Pioneer GM-D8604 - 1200W Class FD 4 Channel Bridgeable Car Amplifier - 500 AED
  • Oxygen free cable for wiring - 100 AED
  • High-quality AMP cables - 100 AED
  • Labor in 3 places - 300 AED

28 minutes ago, Barry said:

Speakers aside, upgrade the cables from the head unit to high quality oxygen free cables. 

Yes in 100 aed cable you can change all speaker wiring and route thru amp as well to have amplified and crisp output

@Bean i am with you on the Focal speakers, but when going for high-end speakers your total chain will need to be up to spec:
1) Proper amplification of these speakers through an external amp (not the headunit amp).
2) Proper cabling as mentioned above.
3) Acoustic insulation if your car is not built to acommodate such kind of speakers. (rattle-free body).

We all love the high-end stuff, but it comes down to how much you want to spend and how high you want to raise the bar. In a rough and loud 4x4 it doesnt make that much sense to spend your dimes on high end stuff. Just my two cents of course :) 

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use