•  
Advertise here

Gear Trouble

My non-techy advise: you should always change the oil and filter together as a rule of thumb - be it gear oil or engine oil so that the oil contamination chances are completely over-ruled.

I have read it online, that in some military vehicles where oil supply is scarce to reach, they change the oil filter and still use the same oil for some more kms without an issue. So the bottom line is you can still get away by reusing old oil but not filter.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 hours ago, shadow79 said:

so you changed it the first time when it was 184000 ..? 

was pretty late change you  should not have bothered to change it after it crossed 120k

No idea when the last owned changed the oil, but the bottom line is what may be the issue with gear for such a abnormality

Just for info i m having these issued since last week  

you should have asked the last owner if he had it changed on regular basis

gear being stuck or taking above 2k rpms for shift is usually the oil level low or the particular valve body solenoid getting stuck because of clutch /bearing/dirt particles getting in the way or even electricity problem in the wiring or the solenoide itself but that usually sets out a code in the latter cases

get the oil level checked if less use approved atf oil and if you have a d light blinking or check engine light on then also get it scanned...

proper inspection will shed some light on whats wrong... @Barry what do you say...?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1