•  
Advertise here

Salalah Road Trip - 21 Aug - 26 Aug 2018

Planning a road trip to beautiful Salalah in Aug end to escape the UAE summer during upcoming Eid Al Adha break. Looks like Eid holidays will start from 22 - 25 Aug and 21 Aug will be Arafat day.

Going to Salalah soon after the rainy season (July-Aug), is the best treat you can give to your eyes and mind. Everything turns lush green during that time and looks like you are in some heavenly place. Apart from the endless natural beauty, Salalah also offers some interesting places to visit like anti-gravity point, boat rides, kayaking, visiting blowholes, waterfalls, exotic birds watching etc.

Just to beat the rush at the border, hotels, and Salalah we will start one day earlier, which will give us enough rest and time to explore Salalah for 4 full days + 2 days for the road trip. Planning early will help in securing all rooms in one hotel for Carnity members and we might get a good deal in bulk booking, so please decide ASAP.

Tentative Travel plan:

• Start: 21 Aug 2018 – 3 AM
  • Drive 1200 km with 15-30 mins break every 200 km
  • Reach Salalah: 21 Aug 2018 – 6-7 PM
  • Hotel check-in and relax
  • Salalah Places to visit: 22 Aug – 25 Aug 2018
  • Return: 26 Aug 2018 – 4 AM
  • Reach Dubai: 26 Aug 2018 – 6-7 PM

Level of drive: All are welcome
Type of Car: Any car is acceptable
Plan: Road trip + daily trip in Salalah after the lazy breakfast
What to bring along: Camera, music, lots of casual clothes, beachwear, smiles, stories, enthusiasm

Please list your name and mobile below and RSVP the calendar.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 7/23/2018 at 12:46 PM, Allstar said:

any tentative idea on how much total expense will be for whole trip?

I think approx 2,000 AED for a couple for fuel + accommodation for 5 days - excluding shopping.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have been to Salalah before, you can take sedan without any issues as far as it is well maintained. Most of the places in Salalah have road access and you can still be fine, just that very few mountain areas, if you like to explore then proper SUV or 4x4, is advisable.

Due to lack of interest and dates closing soon for the hotel booking, I'm calling off this trip.

Some friends and myself are planning the Salalah trip on the same dates. Since you've already done the trip before from the UAE, I had a few questions and was hoping for some help on that:

- recommended border to cross - I will be using my brother's car which is under bank finance and I only have a no objection letter from him with all details and not the bank. any foreseen issues?

- best route to take. 

Appreciate the help man. 

Cheers,

-Munawar