•  
Advertise here

Pros and Cons of Duster 2.0L 2015

The Duster is a Romanian car built by a company called Dacia. For the MENA market it is rebranded as a Renault because the majority of people won’t buy a car if they think it’s Romanian. The French badge adds a bit of flair. 

Engines are from the Renault range, along with the suspension. Mostly Clio parts. The running gear is Nissan. If you can, avoid CVT versions. Google Nissan CVT problems and you’ll see. 

It is a cheap and cheerful car and parts are available. A problem can be finding a mechanic to work on it. Most of the mechanics here, if it isn’t Japanese, they aren’t interested. But it is an incredibly simple, basic car with not much to go wrong. The 4WD version is competent on rough roads, if a little harsh, but it’s not the sort of car you want to take dune bashing unless you want to spend serious money modifying it. 

All in all, it’s a pretty reliable car but because it’s so simple, it can feel bland and uninspiring. I wouldn’t say no to owning one myself but it would be purely white goods, there would be no real love in the relationship. 

• Like (+1) 2

Barry has covered almost everything well, the only thing I like to add as you are buying an old car - 2015 model. Get the car fully checked before buying to not to see any underbody damage, hanging bumpers, skirting, side steps, wheel scratches from inside etc. usually happen in offroad cars.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

maybe the new parts sector might be stocked but in used side only engine gear is available other body parts and stuff are rare 

had a 2014 one near our shop roting till the municipality towed it away as it was waiting for parts...

On 7/23/2018 at 6:03 PM, Barry said:

The running gear is Nissan. If you can, avoid CVT versions. Google Nissan CVT problems and you’ll see. 

for the record, my 2012 qashqai has 260k km (bought it brand new ;) ) and it never had a problem with the gearbox. Sometimes i think its better to have a CVT because of the vehicle's purpose. 

• Like (+1) 1