•  
Advertise here

4 hours ago, Jeh said:

Any other comparisons? With watches and cars having almost the same price tag? 

WATCHE1.jpg.e8ee9e0216820ecf3b3e412962f5e0e3.jpgWATCHE2.jpg.510132d94f5db0e58144f104b212eb34.jpg

There must be something wrong with people who would pay this kind of money for a watch. 

However, speaking for myself, I think the current prices of sour grapes and lemons of the kind you have posted here compare very closely. 

I’ll offer another view. The Rolex sub is probably the most timeless watch design ever and worth it.

But, the value is gone when you can buy a high quality replica in karama for 300 dhs. It’s almost impossible to tell the difference unless you’re a watch connoisseur. 

I love watches. I can’t afford a Rolex but it’s easy to spot a fake if you know what you’re looking for. Anyone can make a nice watch case. The original Rolex movement has the second hand moving 8 times per second. It looks seamless as though the second hand doesn’t stop. The fakes move 4 times per second. 

Its subtle but look and you will see. 

11 minutes ago, Barry said:

I’ll offer another view. The Rolex sub is probably the most timeless watch design ever and worth it.

But, the value is gone when you can buy a high quality replica in karama for 300 dhs. It’s almost impossible to tell the difference unless you’re a watch connoisseur. 

I love watches. I can’t afford a Rolex but it’s easy to spot a fake if you know what you’re looking for. Anyone can make a nice watch case. The original Rolex movement has the second hand moving 8 times per second. It looks seamless as though the second hand doesn’t stop. The fakes move 4 times per second. 

Its subtle but look and you will see. 

That reminds me of Sylar from Heroes - TV Series.

heroes1x10_1480_400x400.jpg

Yes, some watches are expensive cos they take a year to complete and are completely handmade.

Watches are a work of art and the difference is equivalent to one buying a Fortuner or a Range Rover. Essentially both are 4WD and spacious from a layman's point of view.  But only people who appreciate art know the difference.

I suppose there is no accounting for different tastes in watches, but speaking strictly for myself, I would not be seen dead wearing one of these abortions, no matter how expensive they are, or who made them, for that matter. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, treks said:

I suppose there is no accounting for different tastes in watches, but speaking strictly for myself, I would not be seen dead wearing one of these abortions, no matter how expensive they are, or who made them, for that matter. 

Im with you man, hell for the last 10 years or so I dont even wear a watch no more. No matter how expensive a watch it, it has just one function to tell the time, and thats it. A watch cannot tell time well or badly. It can just tell time. Which my mobile also does hence I don't even wear a watch no more.

Watches now are more wealth and status symbols or at best fashion accessories. 

• Like (+1) 1