•  
Advertise here

Post apocalyptic cars

Barry

The apocalypse has come. The majority of the population has died. It's a dog eat dog world. What will you drive?

Some things to consider,

easy to find

go anywhere ability 

Swapability of parts from other vehicles

Simple, no need for 10 ecus 

Tough

big enough to carry supplies

Im going for a modified Lada Niva.

IMG_0393.JPG

Right!

Id go for a standard Pinzgaure 6x6, Unimog or 8x8 Tatra which have a lot of living space and actual go anywhere ability,out of the box, plenty of place for mods like the aforementioned solar welder and to crush anything in their paths like zombies and Ladas

Who would want to live their lives out in a cramped over inflated Lada

Edited by desertdude

I have often wondered about this apocalypse thing. The word implies a total breakdown of power grids, and therefore the collapse of industries like oil refining. So, this being the case, where would the fuel for these weird and wonderful vehicles come from after a couple of years? 

Haven't you watched any of these types of movies. Its usually that majority of the earths population is wiped out and there is enough fuel left over in abandoned gas stations, storage tanks and refineries to support a vehicle or two

10 hours ago, desertdude said:

Haven't you watched any of these types of movies. Its usually that majority of the earths population is wiped out and there is enough fuel left over in abandoned gas stations, storage tanks and refineries to support a vehicle or two

That's exactly the reason I watch these types of movies- to see when the fuel runs out. Never happens, though.

However, if an apocalypse ever happens, I'll go with a Unimog until the fuel runs out. If it's a zombie apocalypse, I can just run over hundreds of zombies on my way to the next fuel storage tank. It it's any other kind of apocalypse, I'll bet my Unimog against Barry's puny Lada that I'll make it to the next fuel storage tank first- If he gets in the way,I'll just drive over him.:angry: 

• Haha (+1) 1

In such case my choice of weapon will be Nissan Patrol or Toyota Landcruiser if Im in UAE, as you all are missing the main point in such apocalyptic situation you need spare parts to run too other than fuel. Patrol and cruiser will be in 1000 in every gully that I can strip the parts to keep running and still if i need more then break into toyota and nissan service center as they will stocking each part in hundreds of quantity.

Unfortunately guys, there is no running lada or unimog in dubai thatr you can score such parts, buhahahahahah

11 hours ago, taqir said:

In such case my choice of weapon will be Nissan Patrol or Toyota Landcruiser if Im in UAE, as you all are missing the main point in such apocalyptic situation you need spare parts to run too other than fuel. Patrol and cruiser will be in 1000 in every gully that I can strip the parts to keep running and still if i need more then break into toyota and nissan service center as they will stocking each part in hundreds of quantity.

Unfortunately guys, there is no running lada or unimog in dubai thatr you can score such parts, buhahahahahah

You would be wrong,  There are quite a few unimogs here in UAE I even know a couple of guys who own one and even today you can buy a brand new Lada in the UAE.

15 hours ago, treks said:

That's exactly the reason I watch these types of movies- to see when the fuel runs out. Never happens, though.

However, if an apocalypse ever happens, I'll go with a Unimog until the fuel runs out. If it's a zombie apocalypse, I can just run over hundreds of zombies on my way to the next fuel storage tank. It it's any other kind of apocalypse, I'll bet my Unimog against Barry's puny Lada that I'll make it to the next fuel storage tank first- If he gets in the way,I'll just drive over him.:angry: 

Since all my choices including a unimog are diesel I really don't have to solely rely on Diesel fuel. I can stop at any megamart and fill up with cooking oil. 

And get in line, I have dibbs on running over that Lada, didn't you read my post! 

You guys can laugh all you want but you’ll have to catch my light and nimble lada in your 500 tonne unimogs before you can run over it. 

@desertdude who is selling Nivas here? I’ve seen a couple around but just assumed they were private imports. 

Ive seen a few unimogs too. I’m surprised DEWA don’t use them. My local electricity company at home use them to reach the electricity lines in the mountains.