•  

Barry

On 8/14/2018 at 5:20 PM, desertdude said:

Majority Chinese brands, Changan even has a dealership here. Geely another chinese brand I have seen a dealership for but not on your list

which chinese brand you drive?

• Confused (0) 2

• 2 months later...

its launch so will have many chinese brands like great wall then lifan and many wired chow paows may be you wont even see those cars here i have them in my launch too...:-D and haven't used any of them except the great wall that also once in 2012...

• Like (+1) 1

Had to work on a relatively new Great Wall pickup once at our garage once and at the same time had a 15 year old Hilux in.

That was a real eye opener. The Hilux despite being much older and having a tougher life was in much better shape than the much newer Great Wall.

These old Yota pickups are indestructible. Having personal experience with them. I can say with great authority you can try your best but you can't destroy the older Land Cruiser pickups. We use to drive them like donkeys. Carried 3ton generators deep in to the desert on them. Threw lit cigarettes on the floor. Smashed it into a wall of sand so hard, I thought I must have crumped the front end only to see a fog light on the bumper slightly facing the wrong way.

Sadly that quality hasnt crossed over into the latest model plastic pigs yota has started to make.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

i saw once carrying a portacabin house on one landcruiser it seemed like someone had put a elephant and the goat...:-D 

Edited by shadow79
more info
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, shadow79 said:

i saw once carrying a portacabin house on one landcruiser it seemed like someone had put a elephant and the goat...:-D 

Well I've had my brown pants moments in the Cruiser pick up, like the aforementioned 3 ton generator. It was so big, the rear gate would close, so had to strap it in and on 30 PSI the tyres looked like they were deflated to 15 PSI, so had to pump them up to 45. They were rated upto 50 ( I checked ) and then off road had to drop back to 30-35 and the find the smoothest path to the camp 5-7 kms inside the desert including a final climb, not a hige climb but aweer sized dune. 

It had no issue pulling the gene and making the climb, it was just the tall and long load that made it drive real wobbly and we were are praying for it not to get stuck! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use