Somehow lost VW connectivity so decided to run an update. Some new manufacturers I haven’t even heard of. 

7C1D0ECD-5CCE-4B6F-8864-3F62625EA5CE.jpeg

C550ADC9-B4A1-4F7A-B233-340BA062A702.jpeg

5C237410-B33E-4FD9-BC5D-24D06ED005AE.jpeg

582499BA-7647-4510-B31F-AA8F0F1FD910.jpeg

8E313F77-176B-4689-95E2-691A2F2B33C9.jpeg

AF251387-E683-415C-814C-02615C535C3B.jpeg

8F0AFB50-D46D-4EBE-AB07-5B12C648D7D6.jpeg

6B4143E0-2B33-4534-9084-58EB3D793B36.jpeg

Majority Chinese brands, Changan even has a dealership here. Geely another chinese brand I have seen a dealership for but not on your list

On 8/14/2018 at 5:20 PM, desertdude said:

Majority Chinese brands, Changan even has a dealership here. Geely another chinese brand I have seen a dealership for but not on your list

which chinese brand you drive?

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, ameen said:

which chinese brand you drive?

Land Rover Range Rover 

Edited by desertdude
  • Haha 2

its launch so will have many chinese brands like great wall then lifan and many wired chow paows may be you wont even see those cars here i have them in my launch too...:-D and haven't used any of them except the great wall that also once in 2012...

Had to work on a relatively new Great Wall pickup once at our garage once and at the same time had a 15 year old Hilux in.

That was a real eye opener. The Hilux despite being much older and having a tougher life was in much better shape than the much newer Great Wall.

These old Yota pickups are indestructible. Having personal experience with them. I can say with great authority you can try your best but you can't destroy the older Land Cruiser pickups. We use to drive them like donkeys. Carried 3ton generators deep in to the desert on them. Threw lit cigarettes on the floor. Smashed it into a wall of sand so hard, I thought I must have crumped the front end only to see a fog light on the bumper slightly facing the wrong way.

Sadly that quality hasnt crossed over into the latest model plastic pigs yota has started to make.

• Haha 1

i saw once carrying a portacabin house on one landcruiser it seemed like someone had put a elephant and the goat...:-D 

Edited by shadow79
more info

6 hours ago, shadow79 said:

i saw once carrying a portacabin house on one landcruiser it seemed like someone had put a elephant and the goat...:-D 

Well I've had my brown pants moments in the Cruiser pick up, like the aforementioned 3 ton generator. It was so big, the rear gate would close, so had to strap it in and on 30 PSI the tyres looked like they were deflated to 15 PSI, so had to pump them up to 45. They were rated upto 50 ( I checked ) and then off road had to drop back to 30-35 and the find the smoothest path to the camp 5-7 kms inside the desert including a final climb, not a hige climb but aweer sized dune. 

It had no issue pulling the gene and making the climb, it was just the tall and long load that made it drive real wobbly and we were are praying for it not to get stuck! 

• Haha 1

• Similar Content

• By Barry
      2 new Suzuki Jimny concepts set to debut at Tokyo Auto Salon later this month. 
      The Sierra Pickup Style

The Survive

• By VishalJC
      Hi everyone!!
      This is Vishal here, been in UAE for past 3 years, I don’t have ride of my own… but that didn’t kept me following my ever loving topic “cars”☺️..
      Most of the time my search results always end on one of your forum discussions!! And yeah it is helpful and practical.
      Yearly once or two I rent a 4x4 and go for camping with my friends (last one was shuweihat island ).
      Looking forward to meetup with you guys!!

• By Car News
      The Ras Al Khaimah Police have been on a hunt for abandoned vehicles and as a part of their campaign, they have found 31 such vehicles from just one specific area. Talking about the issue, Major Salem Burqiba, head of traffic patrols section stated that the owners of these vehicles will be contacted and asked to remove the car within the next 10 days. If the owner ignores the warning, the vehicle will be impounded and will only be released after the fine has been paid.
      A warning sticker has been stuck on four of these vehicles and the owner has 10 days to remove them. As for the remaining cars, they have been impounded and transferred to the police yard. Major Salem Burqiba further added that some of the vehicles found were completely damaged while others did not have a number plate attached.
      Since leaving vehicles unattended for a long time increases chances for a criminal activity, it is important to have them removed at earliest.
      What are your thoughts about this step taken by the Ras Al Khaimah police? Do share your opinion with us.

• By Car News
      Abu Dhabi police has issued a warning stating that the motorists are required to halt when they see a school bus stop sign as failing to do so will result in AED 1,000 fine and 10 black points. Moreover, school bus drivers who do not open the stop sign while dropping the students will receive AED 500 fine along with six black points. 
      Motorists are also warned follow the speed limit near schools while the parents have been informed to not allow children below the age of 10 or below 145 centimeters in height to sit in the front seat of the car.
      Abu Dhabi police is also running an excellent campaign to educate school bus drivers and other motorists about safe driving rules.
      Do you appreciate this step taken by Abu Dhabi police? Do share your thoughts with us.

• By Car News
      The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has announced a new rule which states that the electric vehicles in Dubai will now need to be accredited first before they can be registered.
      The reason for this rule is that RTA wants to ensure the safety of every driver on the road. Abdullah Yousef Al Ali, CEO of RTA's Licensing Agency explained that electric vehicles are equipped with complex electrical and mechanical components which can pose a threat to the users, roads, and pedestrians if not checked properly for quality.
      He further stated that RTA has alerted all service suppliers, auto agents, and technical testing personnel to not register an electric car in Dubai unless it has been verified by a UAE-based accredited agent.
      RTA is also conducting training sessions for public awareness and educating the auto agents in the UAE about electric and hybrid vehicle testing standards.