•  

Morning drive - Big red - Pink rock - 24 Aug 2018

Gaurav

After a relaxing eid holiday break, let's have some moderately thrilling dune bashing, this area and dunes are for intermediate level only. So let's have a nice early morning drive from Big red to Pink rock area. Plan to play all along the way, so we can enjoy for a couple of hours before the heat kicks in.

When: 24 Aug July 2018

Meeting time: 04:00 AM, the convoy will move sharply at 04:15 AM
Where: Big red - opposite bidayer shops

GPSCoordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/opok7gqAtX82

Level of drive: Intermediate - Expert - Advance - (No newbie - fewbie)
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
What to bring along: Breakfast snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles and courage.

Approximate finish time: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM

RSVP the below calendar:

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Please note I have changed the GPS coordinate from Al Ramool Motorcyle to desert safari, so that we can reach faster with the overhead bridge loop

image.png

I started very early as I couldn't sleep for long, so decided to reach at the meeting point by 3 AM and went on top of big red and enjoyed a nice breeze for an hour. Emanuel joined on time and we were just two cars in this convoy. Probably the shortest convoy I had in a very long time. As it was just two of us, so pace was quite fast and nimble. Played around the big red in the dark and then took a 15-20 mins break for the daylight to come so that we can continue through the dunes instead of the track - all the way to Pink rock. And it was the best decision, to wait and enjoy the scenery of this terrain and how we can connect Big Red to Pink Rock all through tall - medium size dunes.

We drove for 1 good hour and scaled all the dunes and kept continuing towards the pink rock - I must say that it was the best 1-hour drive with a quality than with a quantity. We wasted a bit of time when I got sucked down in a soft sand pocket where all my 4 tires were free and the car was hanging on front and back bumper only. With a bit of shoveling, we cleared the winch hook and Xterra pulled me out without an effort.

We reached Pink rock by 6 and played there for 30 minutes and recorded few videos and then decided to head towards Tawi exit. By 7ish we were out and completed 25 km offroad in less than 2 hours (excluding break and stuck). It was very nice, short and sweet drive to remember for a long time. Thanks, Emanuel for wonderful second lead and sweep.

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use