•  
Advertise here

LAND ROVERS VS TOYOTA

The LR3 has the same Jaguar AJV8 4.4 V8 300 hp engine that the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport have, and the LR4 with 385hp. Waaay more powerful than its Japanese counterpart 270hp from its standard 4.0 V6 and 300hp in thier top tier 4.5 V8 

The Land Cruiser 200 weighs 3.3 tons and the LR3 is actually lighter at 3.2  tons, 

Plus has better angles due to its adjustable suspension heights, Plus much stiffer body due to its unquie monocoque chassis which is then bolted on to a standard old school ladder on frame chassis, which makes it much stiffer and less prone to flexing off road.

I have atleast 3 people who have them with mileage over 300,000kms who are regular offroaders and campers and one with over 300k miles since its a US import. And they all look and drive very well with minimal interior wear and tear.

At the fear of sounding biased because I have strictly stuck to Land Rover vehicles for 10 yrs plus and counting. So I won't comment on their off road prowess. Ill let the facts and figures do the talking instead.

As for maintenance. Like I mentioned earlier me being poorer than middle class even has managed to keep and run 2 discovery Series I and 4 P38 Range Rovers and 1 Range Rover L322 on a very tight shoe string budget.If I can I think anyone can, yes they do require more owner involvement and more attention than your avg corolla but remember these things were close to and in some cases over half a million dhs when new so these are bit your everyday camry.  Althought now there is a very good supply of aftermarket cheap to reasonably priced European made parts as well as enough scrapyard sources for used parts too.

When I bought my first LR there was only one shop and one scrapyard dealing in LR. 

P.S : Just for clarification, the EAS is not unreliable, but since they are rubber air bags like tyres they will perish in 3-5 years but not always 95% of the time only the fronts. Air compressor is an easy literally 2dhs fix. But grease monkey garages just replace the entire unit which is pricey. I have fixed my Air Compressor with this 2dhs fix and its been almost 2 years now ans its still working fine. Knock on wood.

As for brakes being bad. This was only true for the Series 1 and II.The 3&4 come with all the modern tech like ABC, DSC, Traction Control and EBC and stop just fine like you would expect a modern car to.

• Like (+1) 1