•  
Advertise here

American camry 2007 used in UAE is engine flushing with oil change required

54 minutes ago, Imaan said:

Please dont try this ATF bull shit if you love your car as there is no such thing that higher viso oil will clean the engine. it need proper chemical to clean and atf is made for automatic transmission and power steering only and not for dishwashing plates

Oh jeez not another one of those. What do you think all these flushing oils are made of? Unicorn farts! 

ATF has a very high concentration of detergents and is a very light oil which also does not break down in high temps. Similar to what flushing oils are, as barry very well explained.And since almost every one has some lying around in the boot of their cars or garage it cheap and accessible.

Try to use a little critical thinking before going off on a knee jerk reaction next time.

With all the Professional advices from @Barry @desertdude I can't say much I don't know how many will agree with me. My advice buy a gallon of 20W50 4ltrs. Get the old oil removed fill in 20W40 without changing the filter drive for 100 to 500km. Go back to oil change person remove the oil check the oil while it's draining if it's good and not gunky but dirty it's as good as flush now Get your Oil change done again with 10w40 or 50 this time change filter also. You will be fine. And what can go wrong with a Camry it's a Donkey among cars. I own one

@shadow79

• Haha (+1) 1

But what if you’re engine is designed to run on something like 5w30 and you try running it on 10w40, even for a short while? You’ll have awesome oil pressure but the oil will be too thick to circulate properly and will wear out the bearings, cam lobes etc in a shorter time. You need to stick to the oil grade recommended for your engine.

This is why I cringe every time I hear a “mechanic” saying it’s old, just put 50 in it. In actual reality it’s doing more harm than good even if it is stopping a rattling noise. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Barry said:

This is why I cringe every time I hear a “mechanic” saying it’s old, just put 50 in it. In actual reality it’s doing more harm than good even if it is stopping a rattling noise. 

Thank you for answering my concern from a different thread.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Barry said:

But what if you’re engine is designed to run on something like 5w30 and you try running it on 10w40, even for a short while? You’ll have awesome oil pressure but the oil will be too thick to circulate properly and will wear out the bearings, cam lobes etc in a shorter time. You need to stick to the oil grade recommended for your engine.

@Barry Toyota recommends 20W40 or 10W40 for Camry starting from 2000 models. That's y I said flush it with 20W40 and change to 10W40. Just an Old truck driver advice. To flush. I don't a sh*t about mechanics of car. You are my cheif adviser. If it's safe to flush the engine like that what else is safer.

23 minutes ago, DiamondDallas said:

@Barry Toyota recommends 20W40 or 10W40 for Camry starting from 2000 models. That's y I said flush it with 20W40 and change to 10W40. Just an Old truck driver advice. To flush. I don't a sh*t about mechanics of car. You are my cheif adviser. If it's safe to flush the engine like that what else is safer.

I think thats the homeopathic cure i.e it's neither god for you neither bad for you but pretty much a hassle and waste of time, unless you have done some work in the engine recently and might want to get rid of possible left over foriegn particles or fluids.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, desertdude said:

I think thats the homeopathic cure i.e it's neither god for you neither bad for you but pretty much a hassle and waste of time, unless you have done some work in the engine recently and might want to get rid of possible left over foriegn particles or fluids.

Yeah, better just smoke a joint and forget about it. 

When we’re on the subject. These gallons of “flushing oil” you see in the parts shops. What kind of poison is this? Doesn’t even have a grade labelled on it. Some people seem to love it though. Personally I’m a bit weary of putting random unlabelled stuff in an engine. 

8 hours ago, adil said:

any clue guys how often engine flush is actually required, service center says every service, some says 20, other 40. im really lost

Service centre is on commission for selling engine flush.

Flush or don’t flush according to engine condition. 

Like all the others have stated, you shouldn't need engine flushing if the engine's been running on high quality synthetic oil of the correct grade and replaced at intervals mentioned in the owner's manual.
A quality synthetic oil comes with a good detergent additive package blended into it which should help it do it's cleaning part of the engine apart from lubricating. 
If you feel car needs a flush, buy an engine flush from a brand like Wurth or LiquiMoly and follow the instructions.
I used an STP one recently on a Suzuki engine whose ex-owner was taken for a ride by the stealership that didn't perform oil changes but billed the customer for it. 😧 Here's a link on souq. (I have no commercial affiliation.)

https://uae.souq.com/ae-en/stp-engine-flush-450ml-7155924/i/