•  
Advertise here

State the difference between dune bashing and offroading

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

The second point what I was trying to make with this thread is to educate car buyers that every off-road vehicle cannot be used for dune bashing or drive through dunes (in other words).

Probably only 20% of the so-called off-road vehicle is capable of such extreme use out of which only 10% does it reliably and without breaking your bank account.

LOL boy talk about cryptic messages. I wouldn't have guessed in a million years the discussion was suppose to move in that direction! 

But yes ofcourse its a very valid point. When you say off roading people in Europe think Mud plugging. when you say offroading people in US think rock crawling or dusty desert gatch tracks of the mountainous deserts of the south or snow covered tracks of the north. When you say offroading in Africa people think of jungle crossing in washed away muddy tracks. When you say offroading in the middle east new european expats think Going for drive in the wadis. lol.

Only old potatoes like us and locals understand off roading in the middleast to be "dune bashing" 

Whole point is it means different things in different parts of the world. 

And most of todays girly suvs cuvs crossovers with their crappy front wheel drive biased 4wd systems can cope pretty much alright in most of versions of offloading mentioned above. 

And since real hardcore desert duelers are in the super minority not many manufacturers cater to our actual off roading needs. Neither can most of us afford or put so much money towards the few remaining real desert ready cars. 

Next appropriate question I guess would be to list the few remaining desert worthy 4x4s as in new out of the box without any mods. Think thats going to be a very short list! 

• Like (+1) 1

Some very good point made by desertdude for defination of offroading of different countries means very different than us here where sand is everywhere, I have also done offroading with my Honda accord on roadside and then deflate to come out, lol.

• Like (+1) 1

offroading term and SUV is two highly misunderstood term here from Audi Q3, BMW X3 is also SUV and LC and Patrols are also SUV. Good explanation, but no one care reading and understanding one unless they break their cars by themselves.

• Like (+1) 1