•  
Advertise here

Abu Dhabi GP/Guns n' Roses

Barry

Just an off chance. Is anyone going to the GP who isn't going to the concert who would be willing to swap their ticket after the racing? I will offer some dirhams naturally. Much love also available.

I want to see the band but I don't want to pay for a full F1 weekend when I will be working.

DM if interested.

It’s almost the original band. Axl, slash, duff and dizzy. 

For what it’s worth, I didn’t think Chinese democracy was too bad. When you look at it as an axl album rather than g n r it makes sense. 

Chinese Democracy, god that took so long to come out and specially after that crap the spaghetti incident when it actually did had lost all interest in Axl and his band. 

Think might have heard one or two tracks from it and skipped the rest.

Problem with GnR other than Axl and his antics ofcourse was they set the bar so high with Appetite for destruction even good stuff they did after that sounded mediocre. They practically sabotaged their own success with a over the top debut album and were never able to out do it. Illusion I and II were OK but not AFD material.

Even though You could be mine is still my fav GnR track but one good track makes an album not.

I liked the spaghetti incident. I was 10 when it came out and it introduced me to bands I had never heard of. And who doesn't love a good misfits cover? Totally agree about appetite. Big big album. All killer, no filler and impossible to follow. Have you listened to any of slashes solo stuff? I'm not a massive fan of his but I do have a respect for him. I feel like he got stuck in a rut with his playing and never moved forward, just the same sound and licks every time. Slashes snakepit - it's five o clock somewhere, is worth a listen though. Some big names in the lineup. Eric Dovers vocals were a match for axls.