•  
Advertise here

What is the first car you ever drove?

Barry

I had been driving tractors and stuff for years as a kid but the first proper car I ever drove was a 1989 VW Polo Mk2 Breadvan, 1043ccs, 45 BHP of raw German power. Same as the photo. First proper accident I had in that car too. Got T-boned at a junction and bent the car in half like a banana. Center tunnel collapsed and my seat ended up on the other side of the car. Still have neck and back problems from that accident to this day. Coincidentally, also lost my license 15 years later in the same model of car after a police chase which involved me taking out a lamp on a traffic island. 

IMG_0398.JPG

• Like (+1) 1

That's really an ouch memory of the first car to lose the license and have a lifetime of an injury.

Mine was Maruti Zen, 4 Cylinder, 993 CC, 60 hp - 5 door hatchback. Real fun to drive in those days, as it weighs 765 Kgs only. I have endless stories of night out's attached to Zen and Esteem (Another Maruti Car of my friend).

Image result for 1995 maruti zen

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I got my Indian DL in 2002, and the first car that I drove was my dad's old station wagon Tata Estate 94 model (2.0 litre diesel engine, manual transmission). It had the DNA of a diesel tractor with the shape of a car. But being my first car after years of public transport I thoroughly enjoyed it

image.jpeg.79dfcad5e7bcc81807fca6fa4bbe5ed3.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, hAwX said:

maruti-800_600x300.jpg plate has the name xD

A real workhorse and sole survivor in Indian Car market for almost 2 decades.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

My first one was the 1989 Peugeot 205 XS which had all the typical "french" issues, but was such a fun car to drive. If i ever come across an affordable 205 GTI in mint condition i might break open my wallet for it. But they go good money nowadays. 

It had a 1.4, 80HP engine that loved to rev and it was pretty light and nimble. 

Installed quite a lot of sound-systems in those days and the car rattled as hell once the sub came alive. Where are all these good days :) 

Peugeot.jpg

peugeot2.jpg

Edited by Frederic Nuyttens
  • Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."