•  
Advertise here

1 hour ago, shadow79 said:

customers are more then ready to just close those heater matrix pipes then to replace the matrix itself or in some cases the leaking havac case

I've done my self on a couple of my cars, a simple piping reroute with 0 side effects in this climate vs $$$$ to rip out the dashboard to get to tge heater core replace or even if it is a small leaky O ring still the dash has to go for something you will use perhaps once or twice a year or maybe not at all even. 

The choice is pretty simple everytime

1 hour ago, desertdude said:

Yeah so this Image result for infiniti qx50 dashboard removal

VS

A simple bypass 

:D

Just for updating my case , last week i went back to same workshop and asked mechanic to cancel the bypass for heater pipes under my responsibility, i said return everything as it was and let me drive it couple of days to evaluate the situation, the surprise was that after returning the heater pipes to original status i didn't get the bad smell back from AC inside the cabin and AC working perfect like freezer :) ( dont ask me how bad smell not returned coz i dont know , hehe ) .

However, still am suffering from slight overheating while car is standing or moving slowly which is affecting on overall car performance and make me feel nervous, as i said am starting to get grindings noises , RPM become higher the norm , and car want to go forward like you push the acceleration paddle,also when i slow down till 0 speed the gearbox shifting very rough from 2nd to 1st like someone hit you from back , AC performance becomes bad , whether temperature on dashboard raised over 50 c°!!

and all of these observations gone and car returns normal when i drive it on speed 100km/h for around 1 min and vehicle keeps normal as long as i keep driving on highway.then again returns back to "crazy mode" once i stuck on traffic and so on!!! .

Even in the night its doing the same , i cant believe that my dashboard shows weather temperature is above 43 c° in the night!!

Please look to this pic while the car is in overheating condition, is the temperature gauge reading is normal like this? Also have a look to RPM reading while its on N position,its higher the norm

IMG_20180910_145344.jpg

Edited by Khaledma2000
Spelling correction

Overheating! That needle is on the first mark on the cool side. What makes you think your car is "overheating" 

I think you have other problems, get a diagnostic code reading and live data feed before you start throwing more money and Parts at it.

8 hours ago, desertdude said:

Overheating! That needle is on the first mark on the cool side. What makes you think your car is "overheating" 

I think you have other problems, get a diagnostic code reading and live data feed before you start throwing more money and Parts at it.

See pic. , This is the optimum condition for heat and RPM ,  the vehicle with me since more than 4 years and this was the heating gauge marking all the time. Iam not sure other Infiniti like this or no

IMG_20180917_073543.jpg

33 minutes ago, Khaledma2000 said:

See pic. , This is the optimum condition for heat and RPM ,  the vehicle with me since more than 4 years and this was the heating gauge marking all the time. Iam not sure other Infiniti like this or no

IMG_20180917_073543.jpg

There is something really wrong my friend. You definitely dont have any over heat issue for sure. You have under heat. That idle must be stay in the middle. 

I had Nissan once and I know the heat gauge should be within two first lines close to C. Nissan's engine cooling system is built very strong and really doesn't overheat in UAE heat very easily. When I used to push my Patrol in 50+ heat in the desert it used to move little above the first line, similar to what you are experiencing in stuck traffic. So there is definitely something wrong, but nothing to panic as it's very minor movement and it returns to normal when you start moving and air circulation improves.

For the gear thud, is something more worrying on what you are explaining that from 2nd to 1st downshift there is a big noticeable jerk, I will highly advise you to get the gear oil and gear oil filter changed ASAP, as all gear issue starts with bad oil. If this issue still persists, show it to some gear expert and ask them to diagnose it properly.

Below are the three workshops I found from business listing who also give special pricing for carnity members, good luck and keep us posted.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

the rpm needle little raised in infiniti and nissan cars are sometimes the reason for raised temp needle and weird shiftings you have to get the car's throttle programed as sometimes when you clean the throttle body or remove the battery wire it just resets and stands a bit higher then normal try to get it calibrated maybe all will come good

i had a infiniti fx50s its rpm was way above at around 2k used to heat up in usually 5 to 8 mins until it got programmed

also had a urvan that used to sit at 1.1k that also had a complain of gradual heating in it....

in idle the high rpms are somthing to be concerned about in these cars..

the rpm needle little raised in infiniti and nissan cars are sometimes the reason for raised temp needle and weird shiftings you have to get the car's throttle programed as sometimes when you clean the throttle body or remove the battery wire it just resets and stands a bit higher then normal try to get it calibrated maybe all will come good

i had a infiniti fx50s its rpm was way above at around 2k used to heat up in usually 5 to 8 mins until it got programmed

also had a urvan that used to sit at 1.1k that also had a complain of gradual heating in it....

in idle the high rpms are something to be concerned about in these cars..