•  
Advertise here

Why German car paints are so superior?

adil

21 hours ago, desertdude said:

@Gaurav got his Pajero repainted around year or so back we went had a look at the shop first, once satisfied only then gave the car in for the job. I think he went and asked or actually supplied a better quality paint later on. Job was a good one from what I recall.

Yes, I upgraded to better quality Standox German paint and hard wearing lacquer by paying a couple of hundred extra. So far Im happy after almost 2 years now, but the guy who painted become a non-friendly guy as per Rahim bhai experience last year.

So yes, checking the previous work, paint booth setup, and type of paints they use always get you better results.

Going to OP, German car uses different ways of painting the new vehicle like dipping the whole car in the paint couple of times than spraying that gives them a solid feel - that's what I heard. More technical savvy guys can add more reasoning to your question.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

So what stop other car brand dipping the car to deliver good results, as over last few years im noticing that japanese cars are loosing the paint quality and that shows crying like feel in 3-4 year old car, than german car after 5-06 years they shine like crazy. I park my car next to porsche everyday which is older than my accord but it looks like my car is older than his car

1 hour ago, adil said:

So what stop other car brand dipping the car to deliver good results

Errr...price. Go to youtube and search for  and look at how a rolls royce is manufactured and then search for some other cheap mass produced car and see how they are made and painted.World of difference. 

Dipping is not actually painting the car, its a series of chemical baths for corrosion prevention and sometimes a final bath for primer. Its the type of paint and how many coats of paint and clear are sprayed on then polished by hand and the post paint inspection in a special room with bright lights and gone over by a team of inspectors, imperfections marked and either sent back for polishing ot even repainting. 

3 hours ago, adil said:

Sorry for late reply as i was sick and this conv went total in wroing direction. I meant for zero km, showroom car of german brand vs japanes, korean and US is different by far. 

The shine, depth, crispyness and solid premium feel in german cars is unbeatable. In japanes cars now you can see even the swirvls in brand new car and paint lines in circles is so obvious in bright sun.

That’s down to the dealer and their PDI process. Go out to DIP and see all the new Audi’s  waiting to be delivered to the showroom. They’re pretty dusty and scratched up too. It’s all down to the dealer. If you buy a new Audi from Al Nabooda, they will polish it to within an inch of its life before handover, whereas if you go to Al Futtaim and buy an new Toyota, they will drive it out of the car park, wash it and throw you the keys. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/18/2018 at 5:52 PM, desertdude said:

@ Barry's borderline racist comments, the less said the better.

I say what I see without fear. I am a white guy married to an Asian girl. I am in no way racist. I have no regrets in what I said. There are mechanics, painters, electricians from certain countries etc out there who do shitty work without recompense. The rest of these people get blamed for incompetent work. Even me. I’m Irish. All Irish people work on cars when drun... oh..... wait......

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Barry said:

I say what I see without fear. I am a white guy married to an Asian girl. I am in no way racist. I have no regrets in what I said. There are mechanics, painters, electricians from certain countries etc out there who do shitty work without recompense. The rest of these people get blamed for incompetent work. Even me. I’m Irish. All Irish people work on cars when drun... oh..... wait......

Next you'll tell us you have the obligatory token black friend too right :D

Edited by desertdude