•  
Advertise here

More Human Staff Being Hired by Automakers

Car News

Industries around the world employing robots for their everyday tasks but auto industry employees have nothing to worry about as more automakers are still employing human staff.

According to research done by Bloomberg, 11 out of 13 publicly traded carmakers had employed more staff members since 2013 making an overall 11 percent increase in hiring. Automakers in China and other countries are employing more human workers as it involves considerably lesser investment compared to deploying robots. Moreover, auto industries in the developed countries have already automated a number of their processes years ago and now they are investing more in research and development.

More staff is being added on R&D as companies continue to research new technologies and innovations such as autonomous cars, connected and electric vehicles. Also, companies are hiring people for software positions as the future of cars is mostly concerned with how complex programs are used to allow different vehicles to communicate with each other and their surroundings.

Seems like there is still a lot of potential for a career path in the automotive industry. Do share with us your opinion if you are also looking to build your career in the automotive industry.

The first job offer I had when I left school was designing cars for BMW. Sometimes I regret it, sometimes I don't. Doing the same thing every day would be boring as hell.

There are some jobs a robot can do better than any human such as welding body shells and painting. There are also jobs humans are better at such as creating bespoke parts for high end cars like Bentley and rolls Royce.

I believe the future lies in being able to build and repair the robots that build the cars. There still needs to be a supply of artisan labour but the need grows smaller every year.

At the end of the day, robots are robots. They need designing and maintenance. They do what they are told to do. Only a human can do that. When the day comes that robots are designing robots, we are all in trouble.