•  
Advertise here

3yo girl killed by iPad

Barry

We all know that unbelted passengers can fly around the car in the event of an accident and kill other belted people in the car. 

What a lot of people forget is that other unsecured objects can fly around the car in an accident and kill people. 

Here is the story of a 3 year old girl who was killed by her iPad flying round the car after an accident and cracking her skull. 

https://news.sky.com/story/girl-3-dies-after-tablet-computer-hits-her-during-car-crash-11510044

I really wish the police would take more action here on unbelted rear seat passengers (children). It’s not about the children dying, it’s about all the people they will kill when their bodies are flying around the car. This first simple step needs to be addressed before we even look at unsecured inanimate objects. I know a guy at home who got a broken neck after he was rear ended. His toolbox was in the back seat and flew forward after the impact and hit him in the back of the head and broke his neck. Luckily (unfortunately, he was a dick) he survived. There is either a lack of awareness or  a lack of care towards these things in UAE. 

I totally agree and really hope authorities should come with 24 black points and 20,000 fine like in drunk driving for loose children jumping and popping out of windows and sunroof here in UAE.

Damn, every time I see those drivers I feel like stopping them and give them a big lecture.

This loose object is kind of new concern now and real eye opener, thanks for sharing.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

on liwa drive i had a hammer flying in the car after dropping from a steep climb but then i went back and buried it under something in the rear of the car....

• Haha (+1) 1