•  
Advertise here

AED 500 Fine for Dirty Cars

Car News

If you haven’t washed your car for a long time and it seems considerably dirty, better get it cleaned quickly or you can get a fine of AED 500.

The Dubai Municipality has issued a warning stating that the residents cannot leave their cars dirty or unwashed for a long time as this damages the beauty and appearance of the city. Talking about the issue, Abdul Majeed Abdul Aziz Al Saifaie, director of Dubai Municipality’s waste management department mentioned that the vehicle will first be identified and if it seems dirty enough to spoil the appearance of the city, a warning sticker will be issued to the driver. The driver will have 15 days to clean the vehicle, however, if the owner of the car does not respond, the vehicle will be moved to scrap yard. If the fine is still not paid, the car will be auctioned.

It is also important to note that this warning applies to those cars that have been unwashed for months and not the ones that have light dirt. In Abu Dhabi, the municipality gives a three-day warning to the driver and if the car is not cleaned, the owner has to pay a fine of AED 3,000.

Do you think this is a good step taken by the Dubai Municipality to improve the aesthetics of the city? Share your thoughts with us and also discuss why is it important to keep the car clean.

I thought this was an old thing? They’re going round the garages in Al Quoz now putting stickers on the windows of dusty cars parked outside. 

Would be nice to see people actually washing their cars rather than wiping the dust off with a rag. The sheer number of nice cars I see here with scratched and swirled paint make my teeth itchy. 

So true, this seems like an old news as I got one orange sticker on my Pajero when I was traveling for 3 weeks sometime last year.

This Dubai municipality sticker for not cleaning the car has worlds strongest glue and world's toughest paper, that I couldn't remove it, then cleaner failed and then took the car to window tinting guy and he took 30 minutes to remove that sticker. He used all the tricks and tools, from the blade, water, alcohol spray and even burning it. Damn, better clean your car guys rather wasting a couple of hours getting it out.

• Haha (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

So true, this seems like an old news as I got one orange sticker on my Pajero when I was traveling for 3 weeks sometime last year.

This Dubai municipality sticker for not cleaning the car has worlds strongest glue and world's toughest paper, that I couldn't remove it, then cleaner failed and then took the car to window tinting guy and he took 30 minutes to remove that sticker. He used all the tricks and tools, from the blade, water, alcohol spray and even burning it. Damn, better clean your car guys rather wasting a couple of hours getting it out.

Hahaha, you could have asked them to completely cover your car with these stickers, it would never come off and would protect your nice paint :) 

• Haha (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."