•  
Advertise here

Is Riding Motorcycle safe in UAE ?

Sidshk

I like to add to what @Barry said the wind and exhaust roar which u can never get from any car 

I like this one but i m more in to cruiser cause on its bulkiness and low seating postilion 

Suzuki Boulevard Or Honda Shadow 

15 minutes ago, Sidshk said:

I like to add to what @Barry said the wind and exhaust roar which u can never get from any car 

I like this one but i m more in to cruiser cause on its bulkiness and low seating postilion 

Suzuki Boulevard Or Honda Shadow 

If you like those check out the Yamaha Virago too, similar style and available in 250cc. I’ve ridden a lot of bikes and Japanese is the only way to go. I borrowed a Ducati super sport for a weekend once and had to call for recovery twice. 

• Haha (+1) 2

*****Update******

I went to RAK muroor today as my visa if from RAK, its simple process but they ask me to transfer my Driving license from Dubai to RAK which is big NO for me 

Any one can confirm this is mandatory  

Used to have bikes (+/- 300cc) in Belgium, which i used for both leisure drives in the weekend as daily commute. I never went on highways and stayed on secondary roads because it felt safer. I loved every part of it and still miss it every day.

* Proper helmet and Safety gear WILL help you save your life or reduce the damage, that is a FACT.

* Replace the helmet every 4-5 year. The shell weakens and will be less stronger every year. When you have an accident and there is visual damage on the helmet, replace it immediately.

The amount of reckless drivers i face every day currently keeps me from buying a bike. It feels like people lose all sense of logic and decent manners when they go on the road in the Middle East. They can't keep in lane, they can't keep distance, they swerve without indicators. If i have to recall the many close calls i had already with my car, then i am sure i would have been driven off the road already on my bike. 

Edited by Frederic Nuyttens
  • Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."