•  
Advertise here

Any tips on buying a used Xterra

Jeh

All I know is a buddy who later became a neighbour who both Gaurav and RD know, bought a new Xterra used it as a daily driver and then off road during the weekend. Last I saw it was around 250-270 ish kms on the clock and it drove and looked just fine and I dont recall anything going wrong on it.

Only isssue is the rear suspension which is still old school leaf springs and once you go offroad they start to squeek as sand gets in between them. You can take them out clean them but next time you go off road they will start again. So all Xterra owmers I knew just lived with the rear suspension squeek.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, desertdude said:

All I know is a buddy who later became a neighbour who both Gaurav and RD know, bought a new Xterra used it as a daily driver and then off road during the weekend. Last I saw it was around 250-270 ish kms on the clock and it drove and looked just fine and I dont recall anything going wrong on it.

Only isssue is the rear suspension which is still old school leaf springs and once you go offroad they start to squeek as sand gets in between them. You can take them out clean them but next time you go off road they will start again. So all Xterra owmers I knew just lived with the rear suspension squeek.

Is that a Shine, you meant?

For the leaf spring, many capable offroaders like LC pickup and even Ford Raptor comes with leaf springs, and that squeak is just a bit of character I can say rather than of an irritating noise as it's very mild.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

5 hours ago, desertdude said:

I confirm : I got used to the rear leaf springs squeaking noise !  At the beginning I tried to solve this issue, but actually, now, I don’t pay any attention to it anymore. The guys at Nissan workshop told me that the only solution is to get TJM (or another unaffordable brand) rear suspensions.  Some people also put a rubber between the lower leafs, but not sure it really works.

10 hours ago, Jeh said:

Thanks for the info  @EmVarlet. So what do you think might be an average consumption for not so aggressive and traffic less driving? 

Btw what is the full tank capacity for your vehicle

Maybe 14L/100 km ? 😂

the tank = 80L

Hi ,

I have been using Xterra for pastv2 years and done about 60 k km . The first impression is that the X is very capable both on Road and off, the best you can squeeze out the tank is close to 600 with just 2 liters to spare ... but I drive very prudently and always use the overdrive on the gear selector to achieve better range . Don't abruptly  speed up or stop - basics of driving will get you close to the range of 525 to 575. The minimum is to get a good radiator skid plate as the radiator is below the chassis.  Other than that just drive it and enjoy....

Drive ride safe,

Slick72 

NB: Am known as the K Man( Kanjoos Man🙄🙄😁😁 ) for squeezing the max range for given fuel

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2