•  

Newbie drive Kalba/Maliha 19 Oct 2018

Rahimdad

After the launch of the new structure and an Absolute Newbie drive its time for a Newbie drive to help the Absolute Newbies learn and develop their skill further.. Looking forward to an easy relaxing drive for everyone with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, hill climb, and ridge riding. Newbies and Fewbies will have great chance to see and learn the real fun that off-roading offers in a very safe and organized environment.

Level Newbie and above

When: 19 October 2018

Meeting time: 02:00 pm, convoy will move at sharp 02:15 pm

Where: Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road GPS Coordinate: https://maps.google.com/?cid=15033938015658585340

Level of drive: Newbie - Fewbie - All are welcome

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 6:30 pm

What to bring along: Loads of snacks, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7 pm
Those interested please mark accept on the below calendar.

• Like (+1) 3

On 10/11/2018 at 12:49 PM, Rahimdad said:

Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/mzb26kxzte72

I am not sure what I am doing wrong but my google maps is unable to locate the service station meeting point with the above co-ordinates.

is this the service station in maliha road, Dubai al Qala-2, or is it the one al shuwaib  road E55 Sharjah?

1 hour ago, srini62 said:

I am not sure what I am doing wrong but my google maps is unable to locate the service station meeting point with the above co-ordinates.

is this the service station in maliha road, Dubai al Qala-2, or is it the one al shuwaib  road E55 Sharjah?

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d3123.7724511837714!2d55.57451922752972!3d25.23493935374808!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x3ef58b78a9f07c55%3A0xd0a346f8d6922cfc!2sADNOC+Service+station!5e0!3m2!1str!2sae!4v1539421611398" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like (+1) 2

Hi rahimbhai,

i unfortunately cannot make it for the newbie ride tommorow.

the person I swopped my shift has pulled a sickie and I have to do night shift tonight and tommorow night.

just came to know about this.

hope to join a ride if there is one on next week.

see you all soon.

have a nice drive

regards

srini

• Gaurav changed the title to Newbie drive Kalba/Maliha 19 Oct 2018

What a day. What an absolutely beautiful weather. What great company and a fantastic day.

Firstly starting on time is always essential as we completed the whole trip and more in good time. Secondly with the on going debate about is having information on a website important or share on WhatsApp chat groups. Yesterday @Brette got a Crony radio, we googled how to setup the Crony CN888 and up comes my article on Carnity and in less then 2 minutes set it up. Conclusion for this particular situation information on website is way more useful.

We started with a short brief and setting convoy numbering was easy as we had 5 cars only and all expertise was passed on to @Brette as he grew in confidence and performed very well. By 5 pm we had crossed Fossil Rocks which we found a new way to cross even though it looked next to impossible without a single scrape or scratch.

This was due to the fact that we started on time. This left us with the question if @Brette would like to continue with us, @Mujtaba had to leave us here and we decided to continue to Faya. My original plan was to head to the lower track and head towards Faya, but crossing the a few dunes on the way my question to @Brette was if he was comfortable when we reach the track. His response was he was enjoying the dunes and we headed to Faya through the dunes.

On the way we helped a Rav4 struggling and continued towards Faya. Just as we came close we saw a huge crowd gathered around Faya which a couple of months back seemed abandoned. This is due to the weather changing for the better. The season is on. As I had to take a quick stop at the quad bike shop @Gaurav bhai led the team to a safe spot within the crowd. After finishing up I joined the team where they were enjoying the action.

As we observed the action we enjoyed the different snacks and drinks and watched the action unfold. Finally time to say goodbye and we inflated at the Adnoc pump in Mahafiz. Brilliant day with like minded people. Well done @Brette for your second time out. Thank you to @EmVarlet and @Gaurav bhai for the support. Until next time keep discovering.

• Like (+1) 5

Important Information

Terms of use