•  
Advertise here

27 Abandoned Car in UAE Impounded

Car News

The Ras Al Khaimah Police have been on a hunt for abandoned vehicles and as a part of their campaign, they have found 31 such vehicles from just one specific area. Talking about the issue, Major Salem Burqiba, head of traffic patrols section stated that the owners of these vehicles will be contacted and asked to remove the car within the next 10 days. If the owner ignores the warning, the vehicle will be impounded and will only be released after the fine has been paid.

A warning sticker has been stuck on four of these vehicles and the owner has 10 days to remove them. As for the remaining cars, they have been impounded and transferred to the police yard. Major Salem Burqiba further added that some of the vehicles found were completely damaged while others did not have a number plate attached.

Since leaving vehicles unattended for a long time increases chances for a criminal activity, it is important to have them removed at earliest.

What are your thoughts about this step taken by the Ras Al Khaimah police? Do share your opinion with us.

Since I've been living here for the past 1 1/2 years. I think this was one of the cool aspect of the easy going unrushed small town life. 

Not too many weird rules. There are many many abandoned cars here, but not that cause any hazard or impediment to traffic or pathways. Most are just tucked away in side streets or covered parking in front of houses. 

just in walkable distance from my house there is a cool early 90s Range Rover classic with a factory fitted brooklands kit( in fact right in front of my villa gate and is sort of a landmark now for delivery people! Lol ) A 70s Land Rover 110 pickup, a beetle, A 2dr Tahoe etc etc. All cool cars which give the place character in my opinion. 

I've only seen a Honda Coupe CB6 in white ( rare colour ) as almost all were in dark brown, parked on the main road close to a S500 but both cars parkerld properly, at worse you can say they are taking up parking ( also no paid parking here in RAK :)

Gives me heartburn to see all these nice classics gathering dust. It frustrates me that these cars are being abandoned and will spend another 2 years in an impound before finding a new owner. 

They should make it possible that you can visit the impounds and can buy the cars which are cleared straightaway for cash. That would be like the perfect saturday occupation :) 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."