•  
Advertise here

Locking car technical information on WhatsApp

Gaurav

On 10/14/2018 at 11:14 AM, slick72 said:

we have a WhatsApp group and we f o a lot of technical discussion

What a brutal way to waste knowledge inside a closed box.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

What a brutal way to waste knowledge inside a closed box.

Truly you f o a lot of information. Carnity is supposed to be open to these discussions which would help thousands at any given time, but you choose to share it with the few on WhatsApp. It is difficult for a community to grow with distractions like WhatsApp.

Hope these technical discussions can be shared on Carnity.com henceforth to avoid all this useful knowledge to be lost.

• Like (+1) 3

Hi all it has been a decision taken by the Xterra club members and they have no access to a website and most importantly  they say they can't be following this up in a forum . To each his own , I was just mentioning that there is such a group and they use WhatsApp to communicate,  at times I do really feel that we could use a forum ( Carnity would be great ) but it need some hard decision by the admins to achieve it . May be one of our Admin reads it ( Ayman_Kateeb wink wink).

Drive ride safe,

Slick72 

Well WhatsApp has its uses, because its "live" that does have its uses in many situations for example if someone is stuck, broken down or some other emergency. You need an immediate response and not left to the mercy of forum members, if and when someone logs in. 

Just sharing of knowledge, that's where forums are more useful than WhatsApp groups.

Other than that WhatsApp groups are just a nuisance and people just end up sharing memes and useless garbage. I have blocked my own brother on WhatsApp because of this! 

• Like (+1) 1

In case of emergency too, information shared, posted and stored on forums will be 100% searchable and accessible round the clock than the WhatsApp group that majority of WhatsApp user treat like a trash bin due to 90% forwarder traffic and only 10% meaningful information.

Maybe Deepak or Ayman can start the Xterra club here, and link all users that shoot instant notification when someone post's something.

• Like (+1) 1

With all due respect, when you are stuck out in the desert by yourself, or broken down on some highway. The last thing you care about is information being 100% searchable and accessible for other. 

At that moment you are in need of instant assistance. 

For example If you are lets say on your own and have a breakdown or stuck you can't fix yourself.

Would you 1- Post your situation here on carnity and wait for some to reply. 2- Call someone failing that (ow battery, line busy, phone off etc etc )WhatsApp someone.

P.S : Lets not debate the practise of going out alone, this is just a hypothetical scenario. 

On 10/15/2018 at 6:09 PM, desertdude said:

With all due respect, when you are stuck out in the desert by yourself, or broken down on some highway. The last thing you care about is information being 100% searchable and accessible for other. 

This is what everyone thinks about themselves first without realizing that someday they do need that free searchable information when they are stuck high and dry.

Btw, in today's day and age people search Dr. Google first before even calling their wife that they will be late coz of stuck.

No google search will ever result whatsapp discussion or FB discussion and only show the forum or DIY sites results.

In your safari days, back in 2000ish you must be calling friends but now people searching google for quick relief.

36 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

This is what everyone thinks about themselves first without realizing that someday they do need that free searchable information when they are stuck high and dry.

Btw, in today's day and age people search Dr. Google first before even calling their wife that they will be late coz of stuck.

No google search will ever result whatsapp discussion or FB discussion and only show the forum or DIY sites results.

In your safari days, back in 2000ish you must be calling friends but now people searching google for quick relief.

Searching for a solution to a problem is different from what I am describing. Like your car shuts down, you will search for possible reasons but you will not post to the forum and wait for someone to get back to you. 

Like I said WhatsApp does have its advantages. For instant communication. After actually calling someone, it's the next best thing. 

5 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Searching for a solution to a problem is different from what I am describing. Like your car shuts down, you will search for possible reasons but you will not post to the forum and wait for someone to get back to you. 

Like I said WhatsApp does have its advantages. For instant communication. After actually calling someone, it's the next best thing. 

And I was referring to post all Xterra tech talk in online open, searchable place so anyone can reach whenever they want.

You are referring to 10% life and death matter and I'm referring to 90% tech talk that forms any user educated decision on upgrades, modification, repair, service etc.