•  

Absolute newbie offroad drive - Pink rock - 02 Nov 2018

Gaurav

Amazing video @Asif Hussain very well done to preserve these beautiful memories.

Thanks @Julien V for kind words, as you start driving more the real fun and thrilling part will increase.

@Jayakrishnan and @Julien V appreciate if you can leave your newbie feedback here

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

It was a lovely drive and the flexibility of the senior team to quickly reschedule based on the events was a clear proof that this is an off-road club of members that genuinely care for each-other and take up responsibilities when asked. 

@EmVarlet @Asif Hussain took us newbies out for a wonderful drive while @Rahimdad and @Gaurav did what they do best: help others and spread the community core message of leaving no-one behind. Thanks guys you both gave us full confidence and guidance !

What i really admire in this off-road club is the family style approach and the lack of testosterone and braggers as you will find in many other clubs. Surely the senior team members of the club attributed to his massively and i want to thank them for that.

@Atif thanks for the cafeteria "Prado" style ;) 

@Gaurav thanks for taking my manual-tranny-granny up to Pink Rock, i had a blast and your knowledge is priceless !

@Rahimdad thanks for just being you, a wonderful and gentle guy that i hope i can continue to learn so much from !

On the the next one !!

15 hours ago, Asif Hussain said:

Great video @Asif Hussain !!

Edited by Frederic Nuyttens
  • Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Well, to be honest, Emanuel asked us few times to take newbies for short spin but we were hoping to fix that strangers pop-out in 10 minutes. Things got real ugly when we realized that they have already moved the car quite a lot on a popped out tire to remove the seam from both sides and rubber lost its shape. We finally left them with our tools to let them figure out on how to pick the spare wheel lock as fixing the popped tire was FUBAR.

For the testosterone, we have seen and detest those who can piss further contest so many times that we like to enjoy the Friday without any 6 days politics or usual rivalries or peer pressure on who can spend most on cars and mods / gears/gadgets etc. 

@Julien V and @Frederic Nuyttens please post your pictures in gallery section always, as after every drive we create an album for that drive and images in the gallery are stored on a permanent basis.

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/94-absolute-newbie-offroad-drive-pink-rock-02-nov-2018

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Wow, maybe seems a but short now, but it was an amazing drive. The best part is all met in good time. I would like to thank @Gaurav bhai for putting ink to paper as there is so much knowledge to share that if it's not in writing some important information might be lost. Also this document will help all members as they grow within the club and post their own Absolute Newbie drives.

After a quick deflation we were off with total of 8 cars. I am impressed with the newbies as some difficult area which I felt would be somewhat of a challenge was very well managed by them. As we approached close to Pink Rocks we noticed a Nissan Patrol crested and along with @EmVarlet I headed to the rescue. When we arrived there they were actually struggling with a pop-out. At this point I called @Gaurav bhai for help. After trying to pop the tire back in on the crest we asked them to bring the car down.

As the brought the car to level ground we continued our efforts. The best suggestion came over the radio as @EmVarlet headed back to the group waiting for us. My hats off to @Asif Hussain, @EmVarlet and @Atif bhai to take responsibility and take @Frederic Nuyttens , @Julien V and @Jayakrishnan around instead of waiting for us. After useless efforts to pop the tire back in, we left our tools with them with a suggestion to take the tire to Tawi Nizwa shops and get it fitted and return us the tools after the drive.

At this point we headed back to the group with smiles on everyone's faces. Within very little time and no trouble we were at our beloved Pink Rocks. We each had a go to reach the top and was approached for help by a dune buggy which had broken down. The person was a gentleman to agree to my request of having snacks and leaving in about 30 minutes and waited patiently in his buggy.

At this point @Atif bhai opened his canteen and we shared different snacks from all which was absolutely fantastic. To top it off was the tea from @Atif bhai which was amazingly refreshing. At this point we packed up and helped everybody out along with the buggy.

The gentleman was extremely thankful and we had a debrief, inflated and left with the exception of @Gaurav bhai, @EmVarlet and @Asif Hussain who continued to take advantage of the excellent weather. Thank you all for joining, sharing your experience and memories through your pics.

Special thanks to @Asif Hussain for excellent video.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hello.

I really appreciate that drive. I was more confident, and refusals are not issues, you just have to make a turn, and  start again.

I would like to thank all the team for their kindness and their professional help, and Atif for his canteen.

I would like to say more but my english is a bit unsure.

See you next time.

• Like (+1) 7

It will be a unforgettable day in my life.

As a new bie and very new to the carnity club , i have reached the Tawi Nazwa shops area with a ton of questions in mind. 

Whether it will be safe or not ? How i will drive in sandy conditions ? What i will do i got stuck ? Is it going to damage my car ?,,,,etc.

But after having the first briefing it self , i was getting my confidence by seeing that things are handling in a very professional manner and the leaders are being gentle and approachable to  any questions in my mind. 

A special thanks to MR @Rahimdadand Mr @Gaurav for making me and my friends comfortable to start with.

The drive was absolutely stunning and a experience which i was waiting for many years.

Not only for be but also my friends also were enjoyed it very much.

The bond between the members are remarkable and by seeing that i am proud to be part of such a good team. 

Thanks a lot to @EmVarlet@Asif Hussain@Atif@Julien V@Frederic Nuyttens for all guidance and help.

Looking forward more trips together. 

@Gaurav,As you mentioned , will participate in @Rahimdad newbey Survey as well with comments.

Jay 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use