•  
Advertise here

Coolest supercar ever?

Barry

What is the coolest supercar ever? In your own opinion. 

For me it’s the Ferrari F40. I borrowed a book from the local library about cars when I was a kid and saw it. Ever since then I’ve had the poster on my wall. My family were dirt poor when I was growing up and I begged and begged my dad to buy me a toy one. He saved for 12 months until I got it and I felt like king of the world. I saw one in al quoz a few months ago outside cafe rider and I was shocked how small it was in real life but happy I had actually seen one. If I ever get to drive one, I will happily die in a ball of fiery flames. 

4507D57B-B49B-496C-9F8F-D2EAA918CAAE.jpeg.8d496fce74ff964ec0ba2c0245d083e5.jpeg

now that I’m older, I appreciate the Ford gt, Porsche 959, Lamborghini Diablo, Jaguar xj220, mclaren f1, but the f40 will always be my hero. 

Whats yours?

• Like (+1) 2

Finally me and you have something in common. The F40. I also think its the snazziest looking exotic. 

Once me and two buddies were just coming home fromThe Premiere in Hyatt Regency Diera, it was the most happening place back then! (showing my age here) 

It was past 3am and we were in my buddies clapped out 92 corolla company card it was so far gone that even half of steering rubber had gone and now it was half rubber and half steel ring. 

And we saw Mohd Bin Sulayem ( old timers in Dubai will know who he is ) in his red F40 cruising down coming towards us in thr opposite lane. So just for shits and giggles my buddy shouted out tye window Sulayem number 1 !!!! And to our surprise he pulled over. So we took then next u turn and went up to him and parked. 

He got out of the car smiled, shook hands with all of us. After some small talk he showed us around his F50 and not 40 as we had initially thought. The top was open so he showed us the inside aswell as the outside. I couldn't get over the two radiators and its massive fans tucked in the two scoops in the hood.

Not a F40 but cool none the less and a great chance meeting with a legend, he didn't have to stop and entertain a bunch of kids at 3am but he did and was very pleasant to talk to and humble. 

So an unforgettable encounter none the less.

Tell you about how I spent a day with Jacky Icks and and how I was entrusted with the keys to his actual Paris to Dakar winning Porsche rally car( then owned by a private collector )  for a week some other time. 

• Like (+1) 2

Mohammed bin Sulayem is a true UAE legend and I totally agree that he is one of the most humble motorsport icons of the UAE.

Last time @Rahimdad got lucky too to get the biggest gift of being his fan from childhood.

IMG_5665.JPG

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

God bless you @Gaurav bhai. I have tears in my eyes. I was going through this post and thinking which one was my favourite car. If I had to give an award to this post it would go to @Barry as his story is very touching. I was thinking about the Toyota Celica that Mohammed Bin Sulaiyem used to drive or the Porshe 911 Turbo Cabriolet which his Qatari opponent Saeed Al Hijri used to drive.

With all these thoughts flying through my head, your post touched me deeply and reminded me of what my brother Karamullah would have said "it's not the gun but the man behind the gun.". My moment was with the man behind the gun Mohammed Bin Sulaiyem and to share it with a brother who has always been by my side. Well on this occasion behind the camera to save my special moment forever.

Thank you Gaurav bhai.

• Like (+1) 3

For me it was a Corvette which my dad had gifted me when i was a kid and always dreamt of owning one when i grow big and get rich.with gods grace i was able to achieve my dream last year when i managed to buy myself the car of my dreams. Chevrolet corvette 1988 C4.

IMG_20171207_164554_313_resized.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

For me it has to be the Lambo Countach LP 500, because it was the first super car (by the standards of its time) that I ever got to drive on the open road. This happened many, many years ago when I was still an ignorant apprentice, but now that I think back on it, I am wondering why the uncomfortable seating position, poor visibility out of it, the very heavy clutch and mushy gear shift did not put me off super cars in general, and Lambos in particular, for life back then. 

Nonetheless, even though I have lost my enthusiasm for cars long ago, I  must admit that my first experience with a super car was my coolest experience with super cars, ever. 

• Like (+1) 2

@Barry you are not the only one Ferrari fan here, I do share the same passion for F40 and slightly more for F50 GT from where it all started from my school days. I do use to have centerfold wallpaper stuck in my room for these beauties.

To everyone surprise, until today I ask my brother to buy me a real Ferrari on my every birthday when he insists on a gift. 

This one for you Barry

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.