•  
Advertise here

Loeb entering Dakar 2019 as priveteer

Barry

Anyone who knows about motorsport knows WRC hero Sebastian Loeb. 

This year he is entering the Dakar rally as a privateer. Well it’s supposed to be a privateer entry but he still has red bull backing. 

EE8FCE31-4FF9-4CC6-BFBA-F5E05AE54E5E.jpeg.6194d0b2d59db6d7bddc1d65abf13d52.jpeg

Now that Peugeot have given up on the world rallycross championship it’s nice to see him finding a seat.

Due to the rule changes this year, instead of using the 3008 DKR Maxi, he is using the narrower 3008 DKR.

5EF7491C-98A2-4A1D-82D1-1F5632738CC9.jpeg.4f3169ae9901bf8fff811623b41cb995.jpeg

A lot of familiar faces are entering this year. Nani Roma in the Mini, Stephane Peterhansel in another Peugeot 3008 and Carlos Sainz. Mikko Hirvonen will also take part, driving a Team X-Raid Mini buggy.

I think it’s a shame that the paris Dakar rally was cancelled in 2008 due to Mauritanian terrorists and is now run in South America. How can it be the Dakar rally when it neither goes to Dakar or comes from Paris? The South American rally would be a more appropriate name. 

88A155A2-1D62-488F-AE8E-28FF5BCD9E77.jpeg

Rallying used to be my all time dream be it on bike, cars or 4x4 than short races.

Any clue how much it cost to enter Dakar as a privateer....? (Still dreaming)

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Rallying used to be my all time dream be it on bike, cars or 4x4 than short races.

Any clue how much it cost to enter Dakar as a privateer....? (Still dreaming)

Try something closer to home first, The Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge, which many see as a stepping stone to the Dakar 

If you remember Albert's brother Ramesh did enter that even though his patrol burnt to a crisp. From what I recall it was 2 to 300k including the car. 

You can can get in touch with him and inquire.

Oh and I just remembered so did Idriss in the red Pajero

Albert and Ramesh were amazing offroad legends that I have come across in UAE and always ready to help and support the offroad enthusiasm at any time, also Idris, Yahya & James were amazing offroaders.

Glad to hear about them after a very long time, last I remember from 2006 when Ramesh used to have a black wrangler.

Maybe someday when I have a few free months to practice and little spare cash will see to fulfill the rally dream.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Yeah so sad about Idriss though, truly an amazing offroader and super sweet nice guy. 

Went on some really awesome trips with him, most memorable one being the overnighter in Wahab with idriss and Yahya. Also miss all the cool nights hanging out with the gang at the riding club after Aweer . Ah the good ol.days