•  
Advertise here

Dodge Hellephant Super Charger

Barry

Dodge have released a new 1,000 bhp 426 crate engine called the Hellephant. The name comes from the nickname for the original 426, the elephant, because it was so huge. And to celebrate they have rebuilt a 68 Charger with the engine. I would be happy to have this parked outside my house. Always preferred the Charger over the Challenger. It’s a shame they ended up turning it into a 4 door family bus. 

353981E7-FC15-4C3A-8286-022AFC3253E3.jpeg

DCD1AB48-A24C-48B3-8F88-C31A0811630C.jpeg

F3B5E486-0C2E-4A7F-BC87-2AAFE8C83BAE.jpeg

2A564324-A0F5-4CE9-A0EB-A133EBBD1E11.jpeg

One HELL-OF-A-MARKETING-TEAM to make and sell the crate engine with all ancillary items to support the swap than leaving the car enthusiasts like an orphan or unwanted child.

ALL CAR MAKERS - Please learn from Dodge plug and play approach in a car world to make money in a win-win situation than stuffing consumers with fixed options.

Soon the day will come that we can build our own spec cars like PC's

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

39 minutes ago, desertdude said:

I see a lot of blown transmissions and diffs in the future.

True that, but after a few examples people will learn the hard way to power tune their ride accordingly.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

There are loads of crate engine suppliers out there, literally hundreds. I can get you a 7-800 bhp LS engine on a pallet tomorrow if you want, complete with ECU, loom and mounts. The problem is they aren’t marketed well. People in their particular area of the car scene will know about them. It isn’t worth the manufacturer spending money outside this circle to advertise their engines. The majority of people will buy the SRT and just drive it, at most they will change the wheels. Most modifiers like to build and modify their own engines. These crate engines are for rich guys who have never got their hands dirty in their life. They probably still have a nanny to wipe their poop and wash their clothes at 30 years of age. They just want to throw money at having the fastest car in the village. They see something online, pay for it then pay someone to fit it with no other knowledge than 1,000 bhp y0.

Also a good point made about the blown diffs and trannys. The kind of people who will buy this will be like, wow, 1,000 bhp, and give no consideration to the rest of the drivetrain. I think the phrase is “daddy’s money”. Met a few of these guys here already and I have no time for them but if I know someone is genuinely interested I will talk to them all day. Top gear fans, nuff said. 

• Like (+1) 1

yes diffs have seen then go in jiffy literally just outside the shop at about 100 meters the cars just big boom and then lots of sound and oil dripping it was a cherokee with a supra engine....the owner just came out and was scratching his head....

• Haha (+1) 1